CCJ - Have AEO, but still cant get paid - what to do next

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I gained a CCJ on someone in June 2009. For 4700.00 for a cost order in my favour.

I obtained a AEO, which has been deffered as long as payments of £50.00 PCM were made.

In 2010 I got this increased to £100.00 PCM. Through a disputed residency order.

I have been paid about £800.00

Last week the debtor requested to vary this order to £1.00 PCM - on the basis that circumstances have changed, which they have. A updated N245 shows the debtor still has HP & Credit card debts that far, far exceed the income. The debtor has fallen behind with payments - since making the applicaiton to vary the order has now stoppped paying.

This person now lives with a new partner who is a very high earner, this person has now stopped working for..so rendering the AEO useless for a few years. Although this person is being financially supported to drive a 30K car (I have a copy of the agreement taken out days before the CCJ was lodged) and to support the stated level of credit card repayments and children.

I have not accepted the debtors new offer, stating that the debtor is behind with payment and High Court enforment is under way. Although I have contacted a company about this Im not sure how this works - if at all.

I belive the debtor has assests from the sales of a former house, but I cant prove this - during a 'Debtor attend court' this person simply denies any assests. And completes a N245 to suit the circumstances.

What are my options ?????

I have been looking at HIGH COURT ENFORCEMENT, as technically the debtor is behind in payments...but if the AEO is agreed (as on paper it the debtor is insolvent) then I could end up with more costs if I apply now - although if the costs are less than £500.00 it may be worth the risk.

I dont think bankruptcy is a good idea as this may help them wipe off all the other debts?

Any ideas???

thanks

You could instruct HCEO but if he lives with his partner and has no assets or car, tv etc of his own then it will be a waste of money.

There's not much else you can do except wait for him to get a new job.