• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

-Desperate please help Natwest withdrawn offer can they do this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I will try to keep this as short as possible, I really need some advice!

Being short of time i decided to let a claims company get my business account charges back for me

the only reason i went along with them is that they told me

that NatWest would refund the money to them and they would take their fees from this,

I was worried that as i owe NatWest money it would be knocked off the debt

leaving me in further debt with the claims company,

Well right at the end i get an offer from NatWest saying and money returned would be credited to my debt,

not the original agreement,

I spoke to the claims company and they said that NatWest had changed the rules

and no longer returned money if any money was owed to them,

Thus leaving me in debt with the claims company...

i sat on my hands for a month or so and after speaking to the claims company

decided to accept the offer and returned the paperwork,

now the claims company have told me that NatWest have withdrawn the offer

and that i still owe them the grand for the work they have done,

I cant remember seeing a time limit on the paperwork

and ill know in the next few days when they send it back,

the claims company say ive got no chance of getting the money back now as i left it too long ,

What can i do?

Can i put in a court claim to get NatWest to pay?

And where do i stand with the claims company ?.

my original agreement with them was that they would be paid when NatWest refunded the charges ,

the rules change and now i have to try to find the money it does no seem fair ,,

please help many thanks

j

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

This is an interesting one jezzyjet, not least of all because normally people with business accounts don't generally expect any kind of refunds so it would be useful to know quite what tack they've used to get NatWest to agree once you've got through this more pressing issue you have.

I think you are going to have to be a little more precise as to what this arrangement with the claims Company was. Once you get the paperwork back and you know about these time scales then perhaps we can work through this as it is not usual. Whether you can get a court claim going is dependant on what is in the agreement, but if the agreement was that they got paid once the refunded charges came back to you then you are going to have to tread your way carefully through this.

I'd suggest getting everything together then taking a long hard look at it before going down the road of litigation - only do that once you have thoughroughly checked out the options.

Let us know what happens and we'll try and help.

Many thanks Andrew for your reply i will post when i get the paperwork back from them,many many thanks again Jezzy

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Got the paper work back today and it appears that there was a time limit on it ,but i am sure as hell i never spotted it, The reason the bank are saying that they now don't have to pay is that the F.S.A Guidelines state that if an offer the bank makes is not accepted or refused within eight weeks they may consider it closed, Is this the case ? Or can i still move forward on this with court action? On the issue with the contract with the claims company i think i might have them on the fact that they should have informed me on any changes of circumstance that could effect my claim eg NatWest no longer returning money and using it to reduce outstanding debts,This fact i only found out when NatWest made their offer ,If i had known sooner (I was told verbally by a member of the claims company that it was a couple of months prior to my offer) I might have been able to re-asses my claim and make a decision,this i believe amounts to fraudulent misrepresentation ,Also the guy from the claims team advised me to sign and return the offer form after the expiry date without any mention of it being overdue , Please let me know what other information you may need as i have also got a few other docs from my source at the bank regarding this claim..

Many thanks for you advice jezzy

Edited by jezzyjet
more info

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I think your first problem is dealing with the claim management company from the start when was case started ? What was amount of claim what did Nat West offer do you know what reasoning was behind Nat West making an offer ie have you got copies of what the claim managment company said to Nat West ? If you take to court you may be liable for Nat Wests costs if you lose so tread carefully . Charges have been ruled for personal accounst as charges for services and banks read this across for businesses so id like to know what claim was done how formulated etc let me know regards Gaz

• 5 weeks later...

subbing - very interested. My claim against Nat West was dropped by claims company after court ruling.

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Sorry andrew meant when the bank charges case was lost

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

It was a business account and it was sole trader

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Unlike a Limited Company, a Sole Trader is often treated as an 'individual' for all kinds of things - would that put the account into a different category rather than a 'business account' it could be deemed a 'personal account'?