Anyone had any dealings with Igroup?

wolfcub
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Got into the mire with Igroup 3 years ago - they were terriers - unrelenting, abraisive and frankly unfair. Sorry, just reaslised thats terribly unfair to terriers...

Ironically, Lloyds caused many of the problems that led to a default on a secured loan. (claim in court at the mo vs Lloyds - see Wolfcub vs Lloyds Tsb). Tried to reposses a £300k house for being £1000 in arrears.

However, they caused me real pain and hearache and I've always had a hunch that their strategy is it actively repossess houses.

Mine was saved, not without alot of pain. Would love to hear from anyone else.

Cheers

Wolfcub

If you were " in the mire" with Igroup, (now GE Money), 3 years ago, you can bet your bottom dollar that they debited your account with no end of unlawful charges/penalties etc.

Unless you still have all your original mortgage account statements from that period, it might be an idea to send off a SAR to see exactly what they charged you, and therefore, what you can recover from them.

If you have since redeemed the Igroup loan, you may be able to recover their ERC too.

Good luck

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

• 1 month later...

Hi, This is my first posting on this site. I've been reclaiming charges from Abbey with the help of Penalty Charges site. Unfortunately no-one on that site seems to be able to offer much advice re claiming back ERCs. It seems a bit of a grey area. I have issued against GE Money (formerly Igroup) deemed served 6 October, for refund of £3775 early redemption charge and 2 x £40 represented D.D charges. I've gone through the usual procedure LBA etc. Received the usual response our charges are fair etc, please refer to Credit Agreement re ERC, OFT Guidelines relate to Credit Cards. Wrote back to them pointing out that OFT Guidelines relate to all financial institutions and Unfair Credit Conditions apply etc. Received their Response that they will be Defending and got copy of their Defence which I don't think is particularly scary. Unfortunately I can't post it here as I can only scan it into pdf and don't know how to post it! (Not very good at pcs!). I have to file Allocation Questionnaire by 3 November. As I can ill afford another £100 for AQ fee I have emailed Ge Money' solicitors, Bernard Elliston, Sandler & Co, Litigation:-

I acknowledge receipt of your letter of 16 October 2006 with your client's Defence attached by way of service. I have also received Defence from the Birkenhead County Court Claim No: 6BI06890 together with Allocation Questionnaire for my completion and return.

I would advise you that I intend to include the following paragraph in my Allocation Questionnaire:

The Defendants have consistently refused to provide proof that the penalty charges they imposed on my account are a true reflection of their actual losses and costs in relation to my account with them. Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the Court in this case, not withstanding possible allocation to the small claims track, make an order for standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so and I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

In view of my proposed above request on the Allocation Questionnaire the District Judge may well therefore allocate this hearing to the Fast Track which would result in additional legal costs. In this eventuality I very much doubt that the Judge would make an Order for Costs against myself as an individual claimant - please see Stephen Hone's case against Abbey which incurred costs of £117,000.

Therefore in a genuine effort to settle this matter without the need for a Court Hearing I propose delaying filing the Allocation Questionnaire with the Court for a period of 7 days from today's date. If I do not receive full settlement from your clients in this matter by that date I will then file my Allocation Questionaire with the Court on 27 October without further communication with you. I must point out that I am only prepared to accept full settlement of my claim.

Had acknowledgement that they are taking instructions.

So I seem to be the first to have actually issued against GE Money (Igroup). Will let you know what happens.

Probably should have started thread of my own but this is basically a reply to this thread. Will no doubt need to start thread of my own(can anyone please help) as I am sure I am going to need a lot of advice for Court Bundle etc.

Hello,

I have had loads of problems with i group and GE Money, I am filing at the court for £1300 in ERC when I get £120 to file (hopefully next week)

If you need any advice or help, please let me know.

Best regards

I filed against IGroup last Friday, deemed served yesterday, I haven't had any replies to any letters yet, I'm disappointed that they intend to defend your case, will be interested to see what they say about your letter Dogwash, I'm determined to fight them al lthe way but would be happier not to obviously!

Good luck! Definitely start your own thread it'll be easier for others to hel pyou out should you need it.

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing

hey guys, or gals, good luck with this, I am preparing to claim my charges going back several years from GE Home Lending who were I Group when I started with them. they owe me an awful lot of money on returned dd's and letters sent etc. I am really interested to know how you get on and if they are willing to disclose their charges regime and how to justify them? does anyone still have their mortgage still with them and is claiming their charges anyway?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

hello dogwash, I have been to in court with I Group before, when they tried to repossess when I was ill and fell behind, (only one month) my point is their solicitor was a very slippery customer and tried to intimidate me, she came across all nicey, nicey and persuaded me to have a private discussion but once alone she changed into this demon person, just a cautionary tale, best of luck;)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Thanks for the warning Maybelline. Forewarned is forearmed. I been to Court a few times (am not a criminal I hasten to add). I'm local residents' spokesperson and have given evidence at several hearings re licensing applications and the like. Once took on the then Managing Director of Yates and tied him up in knots. They lost and when it went on to Appeal I was grilled in the witness box for one and a half hours by their brief - a right obnoxious individual. They lost again:p So am not easily intimidated. However it is all down to the preparation and knowing what you're talking about it which is why I'll have to do a Hell of a lot of research before/if I face them in Court. So all advise gratefully received.

received my statement 'All charges statement' ?

cant work it out? looks like I have been charges twice for a returned dd and then one charge has been credited back the following month, then charged twice again and so on?

returned DD (self explanatory)

DD Journal ?

Rev DD Jnl ?

D/N fee ?

Mthly arrears charge (self explanatory)

TRF FRM PRC ??

Admin fee (self explanatory)

solicitors interim legal fees S

Lit referral fee

Buildings Insurance premium

followed by £30.00 monthly thereafter

however, the mortgage account also shows £40 charge every month - which differs from these amounts which are all £20 and £30 charges so is this on top of that, I think I need to ring and ask.

sorry mods I think I have a thread somewhere else I started recently.:)

I mentioned this on my own thread about GE Money (I Group) but it might be worth repeating here. My statement showed items of 'Additional Interest' charged to my account. Quote from their covering letter;

Default on late payments and any disbusements will have accrued interest daily at the monthly rate, this is termed as 'Additional Interest'.

As disbursements were referred to as administration charges and costs in relation to arrears, I have also claimed them back. They soon mount up.

Hope this helps.

Prelim letter sent to RBoS 8/8/06 letter passed to another department...and Tommy fob off arrived

LBA sent 29/8/06 £2646.64 claimed - no reply

Claim entered 26/09/06 £2716 + interest. Not acknowledged so Judgment requested 17/10/06

Judgment in default 28/10/06:lol:

Cheque finally arrived 24/11/06, ring Group Litigation on a daily basis - you know it makes sense...:D

GE Money prelims sent for ERCs and charges on 2 accounts 18/10/06

LBAs on 2 accounts sent 5/11/2006

2nd claim against RBoS in 10/11/06, with threat of compounded contractual interest, c'mon now, concentrate...