Jump to content

Help with Royal Bank of Scotland/MoorCroft CCA Request Reply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I have a Royal bank of scotland credit card which i have missed payments on this has now been passed to Moorcroft for collection. The credit card account has been open for about 10-15 years now maybe more. I ran into difficulty paying it etc etc etc and lost track of the account and royal bank of scotland have now passed it on to Moorcroft.

I was advised to send a CCA Request to moorcroft to which i did and they have replied i have uploaded the letter they sent me. Can somebody please advise me what to do next?


Thank you for your time in advance



Letter from moorcroft.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

JW Yes,titled "Failure to provide a copy of the agreement within the prescribed timescale",,the 14 days have expired since you made the CCA request,the fact they cannot produce an agreement and they have put this in writing,is their problem.


Some of the threats in the Moorcroft letter will contravene the failure to supply an agreement,such as you must continue to pay and the debt will be registered with a Credit Agency,Remind them any action of this nature will be viewed as a complete OFT guideline avoidance and will drawn to the attention of the OFT should they see fit to ignore the guidelines.


I am of the school debts should be paid but on your terms and if they are unable to comply with your legal requests,then it should be very much on your terms.


all the best FS

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have a look at re-claiming charges also, there must be a few.


Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

JW Hi.read through your attached files,under the current legislation if this ended up in court(not suggesting it will) I do not think you would win,OK no agreement with signature,however there is sufficient documentation to confirm an account exists and payments have been made,Sorry.


There must be charges that you can claim back plus any PPI involved?


If you do not have all of the statements you will need to send a SAR,if you have all the statements as Maroondev said in an earlier thread No8 add the charges up and reclaim.


regards FS

Link to post
Share on other sites

JW Hi,enforcement of CCA has been the subject of many threads,that have got heated at times.


Although in your case they cannot produce an agreement with a signature,they can prove you have used the account and made payments,and in the vast majority of cases that end up in court the fact that the OC cannot produce a signed agreement is being ignored(the guidelines state no signed agreement no case)or words to that effect.


The OCs and DCAs are aware of this and are being really difficult.If you are going to make an offer of payments,you need only pay what you can honestly afford,if you are considering a F&F offer this is a different situation,you need to be really careful on how you word the offer.


If you have a F&F in mind lets us know


regards FS

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...