jonwhiting2009

Help with Royal Bank of Scotland/MoorCroft CCA Request Reply

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2947 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have a Royal bank of scotland credit card which i have missed payments on this has now been passed to Moorcroft for collection. The credit card account has been open for about 10-15 years now maybe more. I ran into difficulty paying it etc etc etc and lost track of the account and royal bank of scotland have now passed it on to Moorcroft.

I was advised to send a CCA Request to moorcroft to which i did and they have replied i have uploaded the letter they sent me. Can somebody please advise me what to do next?

Thank you for your time in advance

John

Letter from moorcroft.jpg

think they're trying to pull a fast one, no credit agreement no pay....

think they're trying to pull a fast one, no credit agreement no pay....

What should I reply to that letter?

Thanks for your reply

Hi JW2009,the letter is a standard reply to a CCA request when the agreement cannot be produced,

Your reply is simply Put the Account in Dispute send the site library template letter.

My guess is at some stage you will receive a Recon agreement,probably some way of

FS

JW Yes,titled "Failure to provide a copy of the agreement within the prescribed timescale",,the 14 days have expired since you made the CCA request,the fact they cannot produce an agreement and they have put this in writing,is their problem.

Some of the threats in the Moorcroft letter will contravene the failure to supply an agreement,such as you must continue to pay and the debt will be registered with a Credit Agency,Remind them any action of this nature will be viewed as a complete OFT guideline avoidance and will drawn to the attention of the OFT should they see fit to ignore the guidelines.

I am of the school debts should be paid but on your terms and if they are unable to comply with your legal requests,then it should be very much on your terms.

all the best FS

thats excellent thanks for your help on this

Cheers Jon

I'd have a look at re-claiming charges also, there must be a few.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Jon..Maroondevo makes a very good point,have you got all of your statements this will show charges that can be reclaimed?

thanks Md52

FS

Hi and thanks for all your help, in the end RBS have come back with a response to my CCA request i cannot see a correct cca with a signature anywhere within the documents.. can somebody have a look and let me know what to do next? I would be most grateful

Thanks Jon

RBSredact.pdf

JW Hi.read through your attached files,under the current legislation if this ended up in court(not suggesting it will) I do not think you would win,OK no agreement with signature,however there is sufficient documentation to confirm an account exists and payments have been made,Sorry.

There must be charges that you can claim back plus any PPI involved?

If you do not have all of the statements you will need to send a SAR,if you have all the statements as Maroondev said in an earlier thread No8 add the charges up and reclaim.

regards FS

Thanks for your reply, i will ask for all statements,

I understand that this debt has to be paid back, but surely they cannot enforce it and i can make them a offer?

Thanks

JW Hi,enforcement of CCA has been the subject of many threads,that have got heated at times.

Although in your case they cannot produce an agreement with a signature,they can prove you have used the account and made payments,and in the vast majority of cases that end up in court the fact that the OC cannot produce a signed agreement is being ignored(the guidelines state no signed agreement no case)or words to that effect.

The OCs and DCAs are aware of this and are being really difficult.If you are going to make an offer of payments,you need only pay what you can honestly afford,if you are considering a F&F offer this is a different situation,you need to be really careful on how you word the offer.

If you have a F&F in mind lets us know

regards FS

I am going to write to RBS (as opposed to phone) with an offer of monthly repayments. Is there a form of words I should use? Any tips etc.?

Thanks in anticipation.

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• Somebody moved house last year and forgot to update their V5.   They have just received a demand for payment from DRP / ECP, who traced them to their new address.    The parking charge date was 12 Jan 2019.  The date of the demand was 11 April 2019.  No NTK was received.  BUT... this was likely sent to the old address, so there is no way of knowing whether this was delivered within the 14 day timeframe. (No windscreen ticket was issued).     I've researched here on CAG,  also on MSE, and I'm wondering whether the best course of action  is to:    1. Ignore it entirely 2. Request details of all mis-addressed correspondence from ECP, and attempt an appeal 3. Something else?   Also if this person took option 1, could it affect their credit rating (presuming it doesn't get taken to court)?    
    • Found email regarding meditation from scmreferrals@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk  in my spam folder sent on 3 April, thought I would receive letter send by post in this? Also had phone call last week I missed and discovered left a voicemail for me which made me check.   It states has to take place within 21 days of this email > is that including weekends or can it be counted as working days? So 21 days would give the date Thursday 2 May? Or is it out of reach now which I am worried about 21 days would be Wednesday 24 April.   Question 2 I cannot really say yes to anyways? As I have not received all documents from Lowell’s. Problem though is I have not sent 2nd request letter either :( 2. I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before I can mediate   Can I save this if I call them tomorrow? What should I do now so worried I would lose without a battle now and it’s just referred to county court and Lowell will stand strong?   Also I found old email from years back where Lowell offered 50 and 60% discounts on debt I feel so stupid now should I try settle with Lowell directly now instead to save it now? Or stand strong here I am not good with all this legal stuff.
    • Ok, thanks dx. When would be the best time to file it?
    • Thanks for the update dx - I was panicking about these 2 letters - rather than ignoring them like a few years ago - I thought I would try and be more proactive and sort them out much earlier. Will take your advice and wait for any further letters - thanks dx 
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies