Jump to content

help needed


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi there, i have been really stupid. i have set up a direct debit with apex credit management for £120 per month to pay off a credit card that i had with clydesdale bank. they sold this debt to apex and i have been paying them for about 2 yrs now. every time they phone i have answered and told them my income and outgoings which i know now i shouldnt have done. i havent worked for about 7 years. they take my husdands earnings into account as i dont get any money at all. my husband only works part time and they also take into account child tax credits and working tax credits and child benefits. i am also still banking with the clydesdale bank and still have a current account with £100 overdraft. i dont want them phoning me as my husband doesnt even know about this debt. any help about what i can do about this would be really great. also if i stop paying them then what would happen. many thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds to me like you should only be paying a token payment. If you are not working and hubby parttime and they are taking benefits as in tax credit and kids money into account then they need putting in their place. You cant afford 120.00 so dont pay it. Do not give your personal finances out to them again you only have to do so to a court, I mean you can give it to dca but look what they did, they are taking what you cant afford.


You can pay a dca by standing order which you have control of.


The calls can be stopped and until you send the proper form to them by recorded delivery you can refuse to confirm who you are and jsut repeat I only communicate in writing and put the phone down.


Please there will be some great helpers come along who can post link to the harassment letter re phone calls for you and more advice.


Do not pay a dca by dd, they cant be trusted and as long as you cant afford it stop the dd now. Ring the bank and tell the bank to stop them accessing anything.


Make sure you have not given them the long number on a payement card as some dcas set up what is called a cpa continuos payment authority that can only be stopped by cancelling the card. If you have cancel the card and get bank to send new one asap.


What you could do in writing is offer them a token payment generally one pound if claiming and relying on benefits or your income and outgoings are a struggle.. You should only be concerned about your rent/morgage, water, council tax and tvlicencse esentials and utitlities and food of course and transport if working etc.....Help will come xx


Do you have assets as in own your house and is their any equity, if the answer is no then dont worry. If the answer is yes then advisors will help you how to approach it as they do tend to threaten with statutory demands which again can be fought with help.


So chin up, but stop that dd and come back to the thread for further advice from thosemore in the know. Ive just learnt all I know from here but you do improve and learn and start to feel stronger when know your rights.


Stop that dd tonight xx

Link to post
Share on other sites

It does sound that you are paying to much in your circumstances. You say you have been paying for 2 years - have they been sending you statements?

When the debt was sold did they send you a Notice of Assignment?


Are you in arears with any household bills such as mortgage/rent, council tax, gas/electric etc?

Have you many more non priority debts, eg loans, c/cards etc. and if so do you make regular payments to them?


You mention this Debt collection agencey phones you - how often do they phone? and why do they say they are phoning? best not to speak to them on the phone at all, tell them to contact you in writing only.


Sorry its a lot of questions but gives us a better picture of what your circumstances are so as to give you the best advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Have you not got another thread on this? I think this is a duplicate. You can click the triangle and ask site team to merge



At your Service


Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you


Please support CAG and they will support you.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...