High Court Judge says MBNA/Link Financial "tortured" a customer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"[We] were unable to ascertain the reason for non-payment," the bank added."

some excuse eh...pen. paper, envelope, and stamp......get it MBNA? got it MBNA?.......good!!

Barclaycard .....please take note ....you will be next to be hauled over the coals.

I can't find a thread here about this news article on the bbc today, anyone here involved in the action?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12622318

pt2537’s company, Watsons, represented the winner. I’m not aware of any related thread on CAG, so either the BBC have contacted CAG for comment or CAG have cleverly ridden the tiger with a press release, I imagine.

pt2537’s company, Watsons, represented the winner. I’m not aware of any related thread on CAG, so either the BBC have contacted CAG for comment or CAG have cleverly ridden the tiger with a press release, I imagine.

Hi DB, I think the thread about the victory was posted yesterday by Broken Arrow, but quickly dropped off Page 1.

Hi HS. I assumed the OP was wondering if there was a thread relating to the case itself, ie. the issues involved, prior to its going to court.

This is about the fourth thread on the result!

It's also in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362603/Judge-writes-customers-20-000-credit-card-debt-hearing-hounded-repay-money.html

Quite how by ramping up interest charges they were trying to help is beyond me. Good result I feel, especially as the DCA was Link Financial.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

"Link Financial told the court that all Mr Harrison needed to do was to ask for a meeting so he could spell out his difficulties"

Why would anyone with half a brain cell even want to ask for a "meeting" with them? - all they would do is bully etc...

The Mail Online was probably required reading for all debt collection firms today - they wouldn't fork out the 50p for the print version. No one should under estimate this ruling. Its a proper judge sitting in a proper court making a right and proper ruling after hearing from lawyers for both sides. Link could appeal the ruling but risk even more of a kicking. This ruling really could lead to a huge shake-up of the debt collecting business. Its our job now tobuild on this success and press the OFT, who do appear to be a bit more pro-active these days, to do even more to crack down on scandalous behaviour.

Well now maybe the OFT will begin to realise just whats going on out here.The thing is,these kind of bullying tactics have been employed by these animals for years.Its not a recent thing.So its good news that the Courtsand the OFT are beginning to wake up and take a serious look as to whats going on.

This case was not involved with the forum, for obvious reasons, namely Link have an account that is on here and there was no way on gods green earth i was giving them a tip off of my arguments :)

however, now it is out,

I did a thread where i pasted a link to the judgment and invited people to ask specific questions where i would answer them so as to impart the knowledge i have on this case to others

The Daily Mail link in post #11 definately says quote

'Mr Harrison is a member of the Consumer Action Group, whose founder Marc Gander, welcomed the decision.'

Do I trust the Mail? Well, not really.

Anyway - well done PT

The link to your original judgement thread has been added to the sub threads which were started when people picked up on the press coverage so hopefully many will read it in full. I read it quickly and did not pick up on the harassment issue immediately as there is a lot more in that judgement. Here is the link again

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296622-Harrison-vs-Link-Financial-Limited-High-Court-judgment&p=3323631#post3323631

Edited by coledog

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 3 weeks later...

I had a credit card with MBNA in 2005 and now there is an outstanding balance of £ 2,800. They have just got in touch with me about repaying. I made an arrangement with them to pay £ 15 a month in July 2009, but it went to the bottom of the pile and very rarely got paid.

I cannot pay anything at the moment, arrears on mortgage and very little income.

They offered to come to an agreement, I assume an offer from me and they clear the balance. "nothing silly" was the only guide they gave me. What would be a reasonable offer and what sort of time frame for me to pay.

I have no money now, but in some months should be a little more solvent.

Please can someone help, things are piling up around me and I am getting to the end of my tether, to put it mildly.

As I said in the original thread, bet the 'industry' will be in no hurry to quote this case in their communications!! However, it will no doubt find its way, and rightly so, into CAG template letters. Well done to all involved.

I've already quoted the case in my latest correspondence with Lowell. ;)