You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi all, I'm a member of the public defending a case by CCPlus T/a GroupNexus  for 4 PCNs from back in 2014 and 2015. The main part of my defence is that I was working on site, and Roadchef didnt enter my VRN either correctly or at all. I had repeatedly called them and was told that they would be voided. I heard nothing for years and therefore thought it was all settled. Another part of my defence will be to question the possible deliberate ploy or policy to wait until 5 years has passed to pursue these claims, therefore claiming an extra 8% per annum in  interest on each ticket. I went to mediation today and we didnt agree  on a settlement, so this will continue on to court. I asked for an SAR (Subject Access Request) for all 4 PCNS and they only sent me details for one of them so i offered to pay for one of them minus the fees/charges etc which was rejected. For the record, 4 PCNs now stand at £950 plus court and solicitor fees.   What also irked me is that I had an email  response from a director at Roadchef saying that they could have helped if i had gone to them earlier. I had gone to them earlier, and presumed it was settled. then years later CP Plus pop up with a letter of claim and summons. This left me in a catch22 situation  and is why I think that this is a deliberate ploy. They leave it 5 years to pursue the claim, then the landowner cant help you because it's 5 years down the line   That aside, I would like to hear from other people who have been targeting 4 or 5 years down the line and would ask if I can use their cases in my defence. If we can prove that this is deliberate, we can do something about it. I would also like to hear from a solicitor who'd like to take this up on my behalf.  Thanks
    • This post is regarding PPE listings on all the major buying platforms. and is affecting many thousands of people trying to buy PPE items.
    • I shall send that now  thank you once again. I shall keep you updated. 
    • We would appreciate you posting up your letters in scanned PDF format in future please – as asked – not JPEG images. Thank you. This is not a letter of claim. It's dressed up to look as if it is a letter of claim – probably to put the frighteners on you. You may as well respond to it.      
    • Sorry just noticed re; Link Financial - these are the master server for 2 of my debts.   HBOS assigned the accounts to 'LC Asset 1' and their registered offices are in Luxembourg! Do i send the CCA request there (to LC in Luxembourg) or to the LC PO box in London? or shall i send it to Link Financials office in London - HELP!
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
skot4th

How long should it take to settle a motor insurance claim?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3422 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was involved in an RTC back at the start of December last year.

The third party was clearly at fault as he contravined a giveway sign. He has admitted liability and my insurance has payed out on my car, however his insurance aren't paying my insurance company back, therefore my company are refusing to honour my NCB of 5 years for my renewal due on the 17th and instead are only giving me 2 years until his insurance pay out.

What is the timeframe for the claim to be resolved? Is there an industry agreed SLA when the third party is at fault?

No such thing as industry standards when it comes to insurance, everybody works at their own pace.

Not much action will happen until the request for payments go out, until then the actionis not serious, from there the insurer will ususally do one or two chasers then pass it off to solicitors.

Some companies have backlogs of works going back months, if your's or the third party insurer are one of these, then this is going to cause issues. You also have the issue of the other third party being involved, there is nothing to govern when they decide to get their paper work into their insurer.

If you have been injured, then there are timescales to try to resolve, but these fall flat in most places.

I'd just keep the pressure on.

Regarding your NCB, they are fully entitled to retain this until they make a recovery, you shoul be then eligable to get a refund from any extra premium you have paid as a result of reducing the NCB (you have to be aware of possible market increases, other risk factor increases). If you change insurer, make them aware of this prior to going into the policy.