county court judgement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just received a letter from wragge and co, claiming they have recieved a judgement on me, listed at another address and are demanding 20k with imdieate effect, have rang them , left message and emailed them, no reply, rang county court who confirm judgement same name different address, but wragge dont seem interested, what shall i do

just received a letter from wragge and co, claiming they have recieved a judgement on me, listed at another address and are demanding 20k with imdieate effect, have rang them , left message and emailed them, no reply, rang county court who confirm judgement same name different address, but wragge dont seem interested, what shall i do

Hi panic

I'm sure you'll find that as the papers were served to a different address and you knew nothing of the Court case you can apply to get it set aside due to their failure to contact you

There'll be others along with the knowledge on how to go about things so for now try not to live up to your name :wink:

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Do you recognise the debt or the address, and is this yours, or mistaken identity?

Also, do not speak with them again on the telephone, do not ring them, or answer their calls, just say in writing only.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

i am unaware of address of debt, they tell me its bmw finance from 2007, as i have not had any papers from the court, they have all gone to the other address, how am i going to get it setaside. the solictors have still not returned my call or email

You need to ask the court for a general application form called an N244.

You should fill in the N244 to include:-

The claim number of the case and details of the creditor or "claimant".

The reason for your request to set the judgment aside in PART A on the front of the form.

In PART B you should tick the box saying you rely on the "Evidence in PART C ".-

In PART C on the back of the form you need to include any evidence you have to support your case such as proof you have changed address or were out of the country. Any information you have about your possible defence should also be included.

Sign the "Statement of Truth" on the bottom of the form.

Send the form back to the court and remember to keep a copy.

You must fill in PART C of the N244 to outline your evidence in support of your application and to include brief details of any defence. You should explain any delay in making the application. See example application form N244 attached.

Also ask the court to stop any enforcement of the judgment until after the hearing to set the judgment aside.

There will be a hearing in your local County Court in private with a District Judge.

The court will take into account how quickly you made the application and may want to know the reason for any delay e.g. you only just found out about the judgment.

You will have to pay a fee of £60.00 to the court when you make the application. If you are on a low income or certain benefits you may not have to pay the fee.

The court may send you a date to go to a court hearing to discuss the reasons for your application with a District Judge. The application will be transferred to your local County Court for the hearing. In some circumstances the court can decide to allow your application without the need for a hearing. If this happens, you will hear back from the court that the judgment has been set aside.

If you agree that you owe the money on the judgment you may just want to pay the debt off in instalments you can afford. It may be easier to apply to the court for an Instalment Order using another form called an N245, rather than going through the process of having the judgment set aside first. You will usually have to pay a £30.00 fee to make this application.

If the judgment is set aside by the court, this means that the proceedings go back to the claim stage and you have a new opportunity to fill in the reply to the claim form, make an offer of payment or put in any defence or counterclaim. Having a judgment set aside does not wipe out the proceedings altogether but the details will be removed from the County Court Register until a new judgment is made.

If a new judgment is made it will be recorded for six years on your credit file from the date of the new judgment.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT