Is this legal or not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, heres the scenario:

My partner owns a car in her name. It is taxed and MOT'd. It is insured in her name until she gets a new car and swaps the insurance over.

Until then I have used that car now and then covered by my insurance, which allows me to drive any other vehicle as long as it doesn't belong to me (it doesn't its her car). My insurance covers me whether or not the car I'm driving is insured elsewhere.

Now, I'm fully legal if I use that car, driving it off my garden and to the carpark at my place of work (it's a private car-park). As I would be if I were to drive it between any private parking. But, and here's the but!

What about if I want to park the car in on-street parking? Is this car then kept ilegally on the highway as it has no insurance to cover it whilst standing still - or is it legal but parked at my own risk should it get crashed/broken into?

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

• 2 weeks later...

hi i dont think your car insurance covers u for driving another vehicle unless it is insured and then no matter what your cover is ie fully comp they will only insure u third party for the car your using, and only if the car is insured by who ever it belongs to. So with regards to your question and parking your vehicle it would not be covered on the street if someone bashed it or nicked it anyway no mmatter who left it there cos it isnt insured.

hi worzel the car has to have its own insurance, Then anyone with there own fully comp insurance can drive it (with permision) with no need for you to be a named driver on the car insurance. So you have been braking the law without it being insured

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)