Nhs cuts, job loses and wage cuts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I suppose everybody has heard what is happening to the NHS! My question is, who gives them the right to disregard the current contract of employment they have with you, make you re-apply for a job, redeploy you somewhere you cannot reach or dont want to be, cut your wages and get away with it. They do not want to offer redendancy they have no money all the money is spent on the Managers and Chief executives. They are hoping some will take early retirement and also hoping some will go quietly, but I am not a go quietly person, I am set in my ways and stick to my principles, which will most probly be the end of me!

Expecting the fact that on the 26 MARCH a lot of persons will be protesting is there a way we can fight this in the Eurpean law courts. CONTRACT BREACH IS A VERY SERIOUS THING, how do these people get away with it how to fight back any advise will not only help me but quite a few persons I work with??? How do we push a government organisation into a corner and stop them in thier tracks.

Any good advise will do......xxx

I think the phrase they use is "reasonable business need." Unless you can show that the business need is unreasonable, unworkable etc or discriminatory in some way, I don't think you will be able to stop this. You state about people going quietly, retiring early etc, isn't this exactly what the coalition has been saying ie a natural wastage over 4 years? If people are NOT being made redundant and employees are choosing to go because they want to take retirement, surely that is good for you and people like you that don't want to take that route? if the managers are accommodating people into jobs, albeit elsewhere in the organisation isn't that far better than losing your job altogether?

Let us not forget who put the nation into this position and perhaps we should not be shooting the messenger.

Its not a case of shooting the messenger but some of the jobs are being outsourced to India! The point being the managers and chief execs hold onto their massive wages the small ones at the bottom gets booted out but they bet to hold onto the pot. In the interim the NHS is going down the tubes, you cannot provide a better service if you cut your staff. They outsource to private companies which costs load of money taxpayers money and the taxpayer has no say. They are going to privatise affecting everybody not only the staff, longer waiting lists, or maybe we should let them privatise then everybody will have to pay whether you work or not, because that is going to be the end result, it is the way they are going to get rid of the no pay system!!

The NHS went down the tubes a long time ago. It is riven with inefficient working practices, lack of accountability and waste as well as bad management. There are just as many rude, uncaring nurses as there are bad managers. Its services are widely abused by patients. It needs root and branch reform at every level.