what do i do?? confused - should i or shouldnt i

clhtyler

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have had an offer back from mr laurence white of £1000, im trying to claim back £3400. i am in process of writing a letter requesting £3000 as final settlement instead.should i send letter or just ring him on phone and try an arrange a compromise of a figure that we can both agree on??? i want to sort it sooner rather than later beacause the more they receive the more people i think they will take to court and eventually win!!!:confused:

You would be better off keeping everything in writing, they can always go back on verbal offers and have been known to!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

should i send letter requesting £3000??? how do i go about making a court claim??? where do i start if need be

hi dont panic:D the FAQ help and provide a step by step guide. If you have sent a prelim letter then send the LBA, if you have already done this then start MCOL proceedings. It is very simple to complete and will cost £120.

this is the link for MCOL.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/634-guide-notes-completing-moneyclaim.html

hth:D :D

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

i have had an offer back from mr laurence white of £1000, im trying to claim back £3400. i am in process of writing a letter requesting £3000 as final settlement instead.should i send letter or just ring him on phone and try an arrange a compromise of a figure that we can both agree on??? i want to sort it sooner rather than later beacause the more they receive the more people i think they will take to court and eventually win!!!:confused:

Why are you donating £400, plust any interest on the £3400 they have taken, to Barclay's Bank? In my book you should be claiming ALL of the £3400 plus any interest they have charged you on it. You will also get your court fee back if you have to lodge claim in the County Court (MCOL).

In any event DO NOT use or accept "final payment" as a description of any money they pay you. It may restrict any further claims you might wish to make.

I don't know how likely it is that Barclays would up their offer in response to your attempted bargaining but I think "not very" should about cover it. Also, once you agree to accept anything less than you're owed "as final settlement" then you've lost your bargaining strength.

You can, of course, accept whatever you like, the decision is entirely yours.

However, they OWE you £3400, and, while there are no guarantees, the experience of others on this site is that if you stick to your guns and follow the same procedures as others have then, albeit not until the last minute, Barclays WILL fold.

Courage, clhtyler, courage!

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.