style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so just returning to my car I have a traffic warden taking the photo with the ticket on the car. Damn Ok I was parked 7.00pm at night on a double yellow. Yes I'm guilty. So I run over thinking the ticket has not been issued and maybe sweet talk myself out of it. The warden, in a sarcastic tone might I add, just turned and said learn to park...and walked off. OK lesson given, ticket opened ready to pay via the phone straight away. What do i find? - I find that he has completely wrote down the wrong details of my car on the ticket. I have a mini he wrote a Range Rover. My colour is Black he wrote Brown. My Reg is ABC 123 he wrote DEF 456. Question here is because there was 4 or 5 cars booked He may have given my ticket to another car. Q is is that possible.

Anyway rightly or wrongly I was actually anoyed at the way he presented himself to me and his tone so I drove up the road and stopped and approached him and said you do know that you written down completely the wrong info while showing the ticket and then drove off by which time he was trying to get a photo of my REG which he may or may not have got. Just wondering where I actually stand. I still have the ticket with me and ready to have my day in court if needs be...

Logic tells me not to pay even if the photo of my car reg comes out as the photo was not taken at the scene of where I was actually parked. I am just wondering about the photos taken at the scene.

If he has not issued a PCN to your registration plate, then you can forget about the whole thing.

What I suggest is that you call the council involved on Monday. Say you saw a warden nearby, but no PCN was on your car when you got there. Can they confirm whether one was issued - and tell them your reg number. If they say no, forget about it. If they say yes, you can contest it, and people on here will advise on what to do next.

OK I have done exactly that and they did say yes there was a ticket issued so my guess here is that in his hurry to book all the cars he mixed up the tickets orrrr he used the photo of my reg plate he took after I showed him his mistake and issued another ticket on the system. So reall I need advice as to what I do now?

If I were you I would keep the PCN you have as pristine as possible. When the NTO comes, contest it on the basis that no PCN was served (to your vehicle), and give a clear account of what happened. Include a copy of the PCN you have, so they can see - the time and date will support your story. Also, I would ask them to cross-check any record they have for a PCN issued to the vehicle stated on the ticket.

Make a note of your conversation, sign and date it and send a copy special delivery to the head of parking services at the LA - or by e-mail to them.. This may be important evidence that the PCN was not served.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Result letter came through saying although I was parked illegally they will not persue for payment due to the fact that the pcn was incorrect. :-). First time I ever won against a big fish...

Result letter came through saying although I was parked illegally they will not persue for payment due to the fact that the pcn was incorrect. :-). First time I ever won against a big fish...

Well done you :whoo:and well done to the caggers on this forum. Tell all your friends.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum