• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrow/? claimform - M&S Chargecard changed to Credit card

maureen1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi sorry ive not been back sooner my internet connection went down!

Thank you to all who have answered i have taken everything on board and have discussed with my Aunt - that she will ignore and see what happens later on down the line,the letter i have just typed up was dated 10th Sept and here's the second letter she received today -and what a lovely polite letter it is :-)

We're here to help you

We write with regard to the above numbered account,as we are concerned that you have not responded to our recent attempts to contact you.

Being in debt or behind with your payments can be frightening and contacting your creditors can be a daunting experience.At Collect Direct we understand people's circumstances can change and finances become difficult to deal with.Therefore we always consider people's personal situation's when dealing with outstanding accounts.

Many of our defaulted account holders have found our empathetic approach to debt collecting a refreshing change to other more aggressive debt collecting methods.Therefore they are keen to reach an agreement to enable them to clear their outstanding debt with us.

We invite you to contact us,to discuss the above debt,to attempt to move forward and reach an amicable agreement which is manageable by you and acceptable to our client.

Although we cannot promise to accept your offer of payment,we do promise we will listen and consider your proposals,before reaching our decision.

Once again thank you to all who have assisted Maureen

What a load of old cobblers....I've never read such drivel.

And right at the very end of their empathetic willingness to help missive, they show their true colours with the default setting "we cannot promise to accept your offer" meaning we will refuse all offers you make, and we will tell you what we demand you to pay us.

Another one for the ignore pile.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all.back with another letter any advice please.?

URGENT NOTICE COLLECT DIRECT (UK)

We are advised that you are currently resident at the above address

A course of action open to our client would be to issue court proceedings for recovery of this debt, which could result in further costs be adding to the balance. If a judgment or decree, is awarded against you, this will be registered as public information for a period of 6 years and may affect your ability to obtain a future credit.

FAILURE TO MAKE A PAYMENT BY RETURN COULD RESULT IN :

COLLECT DIRECT RECOMMENDING LEGAL ACTION IN THE COURT

A COURT OFFICIAL VISITING 7YOUR HOME ( following a successful application being granted by the court)

an attachment of earnings/ earnings arrestment order ( following a successful application being granted by the court your employer would be giving details by the court and ordered to deduct to payment from your salary)

IMPORTANT WHAT TO DO TO AVOID FURTHER ACTION WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE YOU SHOULD make a immediate payment to collect co.uk,

this letter was typed in red ink,

any help thanks.

Are they unaware it is very rude to write in red ink??

That letter is hilarious, that's the second one I've seen today where they spout untruths and idle threats of what they would like to do, but have absolutely no legal powers or knowledge to do any such thing!

A "Court official" eh! I wonder if they actually know what they are talking about claiming you might be visited by one? Perhaps it's for Jury service??

Send a copy of that letter to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you Bb that's why i never copied it in red (not really didn't know i could change font colour :lol:) So is this just another letter to ignore then?

Are they unaware it is very rude to write in red ink??

That letter is hilarious, that's the second one I've seen today where they spout untruths and idle threats of what they would like to do, but have absolutely no legal powers or knowledge to do any such thing!

A "Court official" eh! I wonder if they actually know what they are talking about claiming you might be visited by one? Perhaps it's for Jury service??

Send a copy of that letter to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Seems they are a trading name of "Improved financial solution Ltd"??? Do they ring any bells??

Their website leaves alot to be desired!

http://www.collectd.co.uk/

Yes ignore, just forward a copy of that joke to the OFT.

ha ha ha ha ,,,, those plonkers, write back with a Big HA HA HA it's not April fools day yet.

Seriously though, I would write back and say,,, see you in court then buddy hope your ready to meet my costs.. God what's this public domain rubbish,, my credit file is in the public domain,,, makes Greece look like a viable option Jokers Boo Jokers...

I think DCA's have now started a competition as to who can word the scariest letter without breaking the rules...

Here's what I would recommend to a ethical DCA

Dear Maureen

I am disappointed to see you have failed to pay any of your hard earned money on this hopeless case before me. Please note, I am a graduate financial student with the IQ of a rubber duck and my Merc is nearly 12 months old and I need another for my status as my girlfriend search has still not produced a suitable partner for me...

As you know,,, We cannot take you to court, only recommend to our client !!!!!! also as you know we would need an origianl CCA if this was 2007 or prior.... Also you will know I have to make these threats or my line manager will replace me with a chimpanzee from the local zoo who actually will get paid better than me with a crate of Bananas.

Also, please note, we don't like taking people to court because those nasty judges make them pay only what they can afford. And of course, if you are given a CCJ and keep up the payments there is nothing we can do,, Can't even send in the Bailiffs etc...

So please Maureen give us you money and by the way how about a drink on Friday !!!!!

phah,,,, idiots Boo idiots.

• Confused 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Glad to have chirped you up Maureen.. Just keep that in mind when dealing with these low life's. As I said, have been dealing with 17 off them for three years now,, I get rather disappointed now as they are just big pussy cats who roll over and let there tummies be tickled once they know you are on here.

No phone calls ( I tell a lie had one from Marlins the other day, my lovely ex must have given them the number as the phone is in my friends name it's his contract. As the debt was joint it must of been her. So hence the telephone call,,, Hello can I speak to Mr Hippy, as my mate is a Philippine nurse I decided to put on the accent and struggle with me English... ca,, whoes is da that no goodey the English,,, oh is that Mr Hippy,,, excuseeeee I know a no Mr tippy !!!! oh this is the number we have,,, nah a noo tippy here this is da Mr ???? youll a chekie me O2 I know a nothing and da not ring again mee at a workie....

That put paid to those bad boys. I use to have so much fun when I had me old phone haaaa,, they would ring and I would answer with different people,,, hello this is Abraham here,, I am a bit busy at the moment as the Lord God as commanded me to circumcise my first born and as you know he is a very very vengeful God,,, ugh from the other end,,,, then I would lay into them with the do you believe in God and why not... phone straight down... Pick a different character each time,,, its great,,, The devil is me favourite can work that bad boy really well... and as you know Bazooka Boo does great letters really I get hardly any mail now.... and as for there reviews its just a three lined INCOME, OUTGOINGS AND THEN TOTAL then what I am going to pay them and at the end a little legal thing saying this is a true statement of my household accounts. Detailed accounts on file for court purposes... No bother at all now.

So Maureen,,, go and have some fun with those muppets as Boo would say,,, use the purile missives for scrap paper once you have scanned them... ( simples ) OMG I wish I was a woman,,, I could have so much fun on the phone with those bad-boys heeeee

Maureen, on a serious note,,,, ( no not a Friday drink ) heee,,, My Marks and Sparks card is still being administered by them,, No DCA which is strange after three years. I would just tell all DCA's No deal I owe you not a jot,,, then let it go back to M&S and they will jump at your token payments if you want to offer that. And a full and final. I have had offers from MS for full and finals 60% off, but unfortunately I have not had the money now that tells its own story does it not.

Edited by Happyhippy1959

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 2 months later...

hi all back for a bit more advice for my aunt.

Have heard nothing at all since i last wrote on here until today my aunt has received a letter from Red castle recoveries basically saying your over due account has been referred to us by M&S Money .Your account remains unpaid.FULL payment is required IMMEDIATELY.

*ACT NOW TO AVOID THE NEED FOR COURT ACTION*

*IF NO PAYMENT IS RECEIVED*

an application may be made to the court for a county court judgment.

Enforcement by way of an attachment of earnings(if a judgment is obtained)

Please call GOTHIA'S payment department on 08442480256 to pay by debit /credit card

Any help please oh and they are back to telephoning my aunt on house phone 5 times today :mad2:

Thank you in advance Maureen

Hi Maureen has there been any notice of assignment to inform

your Aunt that Redcastle are now dealing with the account.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Complaints are a definite, OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948 Misleading and attempting to exploit the debtors lack of knowledge by using TWO debt collection names 'Red Castle' and 'Gothia', both the same I know, both equally as inept and puerile as their ridiculous circus names.

Actually red castle is the collecting arm of gothsRus...

Fire off the telephone harassment letter to them, keep a diary of events regarding their misuse of the communications network to commit the criminal offence of harassment, Ofcom might like to hear of your complaint also.

I did ring them up, and I think I got through to India?? Either way, they answer in the name of Red Castle, I said I wanted to speak to Gothia, she said they are the same, I replied that it was extremely misleading and very childish.....she laughed...I hung up..

I did ring them up, and I think I got through to India?? Either way, they answer in the name of Red Castle, I said I wanted to speak to Gothia, she said they are the same, I replied that it was extremely misleading and very childish.....she laughed...I hung up..

Ha ha!!! made my stressful morning a lot happier when i read that BB :lol:

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up on my own Maureen ... today recd a letter saying that my account had been sold to a DCA. Although they are that incompetent, its my account no with someone else's name .. couldn't make it up could you !!!!

Also sorry I haven't caught up with the thread for a while. Ignore all the threats of court, etc, etc, etc - we know the CCA is duff on a number of issues. I doubt by now, it will ever get before a court - and even if it did, you would have it struck out for the reasons we have already discussed (inc a duff DN). So fret not ... the fact they have now sold mine on should tell you all you need to know !! Abs xxx

Hi Abby :-) thank you for your reply . My Aunt has received this letter this morning off Gothia (i had wrote to them saying this account was in serious default and should be passed back to M&S Money)

Dear........,

I can confirm we have undertaken an investigation into the issues raised in the above referenced correspondence and have concluded that your complaint has been refuted.The reasons for this are detailed below.

Gothia Ltd acts in good faith on the information and instructions issued to us by our clients.We are passed this information on the basis that the information provided is true and correct at the time of issue.We were,at no time,advised by our client of any ongoing disputes or unresolved complaint issues...In this instance,we were passed an account in your name with instructions to pursue for the full balance accordingly.

I have asked that our client furnishes you with any available documentation.A cessation of collection activity shall remain until we have received confirmation that this has been issued.

I have enclosed herewith a copy of our internal complaints procedure,together with a leaflet from the Financial Ombudsman Service,should you wish to take this matter further.

I'm guessing i should just wait and see what happens next,?

Thank you Maureen

Hi, Well they will refute your claims, as it means from their point of view its out of dispute and they can argue that they are able to leally pursue the debt - which of course they can't as the dispute has not been settled, as M&S have not provided a legally enforceable CCA. And it will neve be out of dispute until they do ... end of ... Abs

• 1 month later...

hi all just to keep everyone up to date here's a letter received Friday...

dear........

Despite our clients efforts to resolve this matter with you it still remains outstanding.

I have now been authorised by red castle recoveries to undertake a review of your case with the view of passing it to our solicitors for immediate action.My recommendation to them would be a County court judgement.

Alternatively an agent will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time to visit you at your home to discuss a suitable repayment arrangement.

May i remind you that if legal action is commenced it could incur further costs to your account and may well have an adverse affect on your credit rating and future applications for credit.

in a final attempt to prevent further action you must call this number immediately on 08445764540.

THIS LETTER WAS FROM RESOLUTION LEGAL SERVICES

Any advice what to write back to these people please

thank you Maureen

Serious letter of complaint required - addressed to the Compliance Manager. The account remains in dispute so tell them in plain simple but strong terms.

Also tell them they have no rights to visit you and that yoy refuse them permission to enter your property. Plenty of post on here about doorsteppers - lowest of low on commission only. Easliy dispatched but may be an issue for your Aunt.

Intend

Hi M,

Still having a go are they ...

I have pulled up an old letter of mine, have removed all personal info, there are xxxx for you to put in what you want, and also just personalise or amend to your hearts content.

Remember this is all bluff - they have nothing for court and would have got there by now if they thought they did.

Hope this helps

Abs x

M&S draft letter pdf.pdf

Edited by Abby25