walkinthepark

Car Insurance - Debt - Credit Check

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3034 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I wonder if someone can help me. My car insurance is nearly up for renewal. I pay by DD and have never missed a payment. I'm in debt with credit cards but everything has been sorted out with lower payments. I've just had a letter from my insurance broker saying to protect customers from fraud and to verify their identity insurers may use certain data like credit reference agencies. It goes on to say that this search will apear on my credit report and for them to get the best possible quote this check will automatically be carried out. However, if I do not want them to complete a credit check I have to get in touch with them.

As I'm in debt I'm worried that I won't get car insurance. It's the first time I've received a letter like this so is it just a coincidence or is it flagged up to everyone that you are in debt. What happens if I don't given permission for them to do a credit check. Thanks in advance.

My car insurance checked my credit report, I have a CCJ and 4 defaults and still got my insurance on monthly payment. I think they are more interested in checking the fraud section of your file rather than your ability to obtain credit

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

No problem

Interesting, didn't know that, 'big brother' creeping ever closer and closer!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Interesting, didn't know that, 'big brother' creeping ever closer and closer!

I think "Big Brother" is something you have to accept and embrace or it will drive you mental and you'll spend all your time fighting it. Just pick the important battles

my credit record has been shot for 5 years, never had a problem with car insurance, other than the repeated annoying calls I get around renewal times, after once stupidly using confused.com