paddym v preferred

paddym
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as i only recently redeemed with preferred i have sent off zoots fab letter for erc just short of a whopping £6000 will keep u all updated on my progress if any !

paddym

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Great stuff - another ERC has been successfully claimed back today as well :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Dolly - who won?? Great news!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Excellent News! :-)

Slightly off topic and apologies in advance, have you seen all the bother those taking on Egg are having?? Buggers are really stringing them out....:-x

HSBC

CAPITAL ONE

SPML

MORTGAGES PLC

yeah but you know old chinese saying he who laughs last lasts longest ! long runs the fox ! we will fight them on the beaches ! our day will come !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

thanks zoot stick around we value your advice and knowledge enormously !

I more than second that :)

Hi Team. As i have said before on another thread. Zoot's letters impress me, and i don't impress easy. She should be promoted to Bank Charges JEDI. .

Good Hunting Ukaviator...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

ok folks just recieved a reply from preferred mortgages to the LBA which zootscoop has kindly let us use here goes let me know what you think and zoot if you read this maybe you could pass your knowledge on to me please !

mortgage account number :xxxxxxx

thank you for your letter received on 13 september 2006

I am very sorry you are unhappy with the service you have recieved from preferred mortgages limited concerning the early redemption charge added to your mortgage and i thank you for brining the matter to my attention.

We aim to provide a high level of service to all our customers at all times and so it is disappointing to know your experiences so far have been un satisfactory.

having looked into your request i am now able to respond.

Firstly , i would like to apologise on behalf of preferred mortgages limited that you feel the early repayment charge added to your mortgage is unfair.Preferred mortgages fees are regularly reviewed to ensure they are not unfair or excessive.

The charges applied to your account have been in accordance with the terms and conditions of your mortgage and in line with the tariff and charges guide current at the time.

i would like to refer you to section 10 of your mortgage offer which clearly states the amount of fees that will be payable if the priciple amount of the loan is repaid early , a copy of which i have enclosed.

the mortgage offer was provided to you before completion of your mortgage and in signing your mortgage offer , you accepted the terms and conditions of the mortgage.

i appreciate that you will be disappointed , however i am unable to uphold your request for reasons mentioned above.

I trust the action taken brings the matter to a satisfactory conclusion and unless we hear from you to the contrary within eight weeks we will consider the matter closed.

please be advised thaat you have the right to refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service within six months of the date of this letter blah blah blah

finally we look forward to being of service to you in the future and providing you with the level of service you would wish to expect

yours sincerely

mandy badenhurst

customer services team leader

preferred mortgages.

Hi paddym...

Another letter, as clear as mud, outlining how the charges were worked out then??!!

I feel a MCOL coming on! :D

HSBC

CAPITAL ONE

SPML

MORTGAGES PLC

thought as much myself ! just thought id let you all see it anyway incase i had gotten my wires crossed thanks zootscoop and les !

Thanks for that paddym, I also sent a copy of the letter zootscoop drafted to preferred, so I don't expect my reply will be any different- although I did give them an extra 7 days to respond which expires Friday before MCOL is filed.

Will be watching your case closely.

All the best

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

mine is due back tomorrow, the reply i mean, and im sure it will be same as you guys. so LBA next then court it would seem.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

Where you at Paddy??!!

Received same letter as you this week. Am sitting on this one until HSBC settle - THIS IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE!! HEEELLLP

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

im here my friend no danger of me going anywhere ! all our lives are being taken over by the injustices weve had in the past but we are all fighting back together with the help of all our fellow forum members one big family united against the BIG financial institutions !

• 2 weeks later...

sent a letter to preferred asking them to actually take the time and read my first letter as they hadnt adressed any of the issues i had raised regarding a breakdown of their true costs i had put them to .Gave them and extra 7 days guess what ? no reply so saturday sent them my LBA lets see what i get back with this one ???

yup LBA sent and got a nice letter telling me as i no longer wish to comply with their complaints procedure, they would close down my complaint. i sent this in reply :)

I can confirm receipt of the letter dated 4th Oct 2006 where you state your position with regards my so called complaint in respect of your unlawful charges, I am frankly at a lose as how such a large and respected company as Preferred could get this so wrong.

1./ My 1st letter to you was not a Complaint, but a request.

2./ My 2nd letter to you was simply to inform you of my intention to commence legal action against Preferred with regards to refunding the unlawful charges applied to my account in the time it was held by preferred.

With respect to Consumers credit Act 1974 & Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations, these Both apply to you in this case and I would strongly suggest you have your legal dept have a look at them.

The Data Protection Act section of my second letter to you simply refers to my recovering the cost of the Subject Access Request fee of £10 which I intend to include on my claim.

In the interest of goodwill I will extend my deadline for a favourable outcome in this matter and hope the offer of an out of court settlement of £2,300.00 will be seriously considered.

I expect a full reply to this letter and a response to my offer within 7 working days, after this point I will Serve my claim on preferred and let the courts decide. I will attached another copy of my schedule of charges with this as I have done in my previous 2 letters.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

Got a reply to this today lol, reads as follows.

Thank you for your letter Dated 5th Oct.

I can advise you that we will not be refunding you the charges as per your origonal request of 15th Sept.

As previously advised, we will not be taking this matter any further via our internal complaints procedure.

Signed Miss R Daimond.

what you all reckon, off to court i guess.

yer well i would, but i live in scotland :)