Notice of seizure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi hope someone can advise me....

on the 15th of feb i had my car clamped as a result of not paying a parking fine. im not disputing the fine however i was not aware of its exsistance,

i was forced to pay £600 to have the clamp removed and settle the debt.

i then recieved a letter dated 14th of february which is a notice of siezure from the company who i paid to remove the clamp.

the letter stated that i was to contact them immidiatley with proposals to discharge the debt otherwise a bailiff would attend my premises without further notice. this letter states that the outstanding sum was £168.44...

A - how can the amount rise in 1 day.

B - why was a bailiff instructed to clamp before i had any chance of recieving this letter and aranging settlement

C - the car was seiezed on a public road - not at my address which does not match there statment of attending my premises to sieze and distrain

I think you need to ask the bailiff what the outstanding chaarge is for. You are entitled to a breakdown of charges. I don't understand how they can say you owe them, if the payment made on the day was to settle the debt.

Can you find out and post back what they say?

I think you need to ask the bailiff what the outstanding chaarge is for. You are entitled to a breakdown of charges. I don't understand how they can say you owe them, if the payment made on the day was to settle the debt.

Can you find out and post back what they say?

Hes received a letter dated the 14th and the clamp was on the 15th. Obviously in the post before the clamping.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS