University Tuition Fee Debt Advice

MidgetInABikini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi (sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

I have an issue with tuition fees at the moment:

I attended a course at a University and dropped out after six weeks. The tuition fees were £3600 (or £1200 a term, a term lasting thirteen weeks).

This was in October of 2009. Today I received a call from 'Credit Resource Solutions' or some such, stating I owed £1600 for the six weeks of tuition I received. They claimed I was liable for the full term's tuition.

I am more than happy to pay for tuition I received, which would total somewhere in the region of £600. However, I am not happy at having to pay for tuition I haven't received.

Is there anything I can do? They claim the University are requesting the full amount, stating I am liable for £1600, so I don't know if I can simply 'dispute' the debt by going to the University rather than the DCA.

Also, any general advice on how I go about paying the money owed? Do I give my card details over the phone, or is there a safer method?

Any advice on either matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mid

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available. I would be tempted to dispute the amount and negotiate that down. Don't just pay the negotiated amount by card.

You need to follow Full and Final Settlement protocols i.e. Third party cheque with a covering letter. Other wise it comeback to bite you.

Don't speak to them over the phone, send all letters Recorded.

I'll get a letter to the University drafted and sent off on Monday, regarding asking for a copy of the contract I signed. I don't recall ever signing anything re: tuition fees, but it's probably the case that by my agreeing to going on the course resulted in my agreeing to the small print, rather than actually signing.

Thanks for the advice so far.