Statutory demand from Lowells/Hamptons

Karada_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has just received a Statutory Demand for an alleged debt on a Capital One credit card accompanied by a letter from Hamptons Solicitors (a division of Lowell Financial). As far as I am aware there is no debt outstanding as my wife entered into a debt consolidation program with a loan from Alliance & Leicester to pay off all her credit cards. The last payment on the loan will be made next month (March 2011). I have had problems with being harrassed by this company before when the pursued me for two years over a "debt" on an HSBC Current Account despite my informing them that I have never banked with HSBC. I reported them to the OFT for that incident when they could provide me with no evidence of the existance of the "debt".

The process server who delivered the Statutory Demand told me that his business has just received hundreds of these SDs to serve, all from Lowell/Hamptons and all originating from alleged Capital One debts. Apparently several of them have already been found to have been paid and the funds were sitting in a Capital One suspense account.

The issue of Statutory Demands seems to be a heavy handed approach particularly as we have had no notification from Captial One of any assignment of any debt or any letters from Lowell other than a statement of account in January with no information on the source of the amount shown. The statement had no air of authenticity as it was printed on copy paper on a colour inkjet printer.

As Old Age Pensioners, these sorts of demands are very disturbing.

Hi,

I have separated your post from the thread you posted on and moved it to a thread of its own as it is quite important you get advice

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE