Apcoa parking double charge, not replying to correspondence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is a small but irksome niggle I've been trying to sort since October last year. I parked at Paddington Train Station in an APCOA managed car park. When I tried to buy a ticket at the pay and display machine, it took forever then said "Transaction Timed Out". I spoke to a very reluctant attendant who said I must try a different machine and assured me I had not been charged as the machine didn't issue a ticket.

So I walked to the other end of the car park, bought a ticket successfully and went belatedly on my way. Sure enough when I checked my bank statement there were two charges.

I've been emailing them and calling them to no avail. Initially they did enter a dialogue, asked me to send proof (which I did) and then they asked for my address and said a payment was being issued. I have not received it and now my emails and answerphone messages are being blithely ignored. It's not a vast sum of money but given the time and hassle I am determined not to let them off the hook.

Any suggestions warmly received! :)

(emailed via contact us link on network rail website, 24/2/2011)

Hi there,

I have an outstanding complaint in regard to APCOA parking services arising from an overcharge back in October 2010 at Paddington Station. I have communicated directly with them but not reached an outcome. I have been advised to contact your company as the owner or lessee of the car park is responsible for the actions of their agents

I have emails which detail the matter completely and would be happy to forward them for your attention. I would be very grateful if you could attend to this promptly as it has taken over 4 months so far.

Thanks in advance

RESULT!! Waiting beside the letterbox now....:)

Dear Ms ****

First of all we would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused which resulted in your card being changed twice for your parking session in the London Paddington Station Car Park. Secondly, we would like to offer our sincere apologies for the delay in getting your refund for £10.00 actioned. We can confirm that your refund request, along with sufficient proof and postal address, was received on 4th November 2010 and forwarded to the refunds department for the Network Rail contract, based in Manchester, on the same day. We have explained the circumstances to the refunds department and that you are still waiting for your refund and will instigate an investigation to find out why this has taken so long. They have now confirmed that the refund request has been accepted and the relevant details surrounding the refund have been sent to our finance department so that a cheque can be generated and sent to your postal address in ********.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the time that it has taken for you to receive your refund for your double charge at the London Paddington Station Car Park.

Best regards

APCOA Parking Customer Service team

UK Head Office

• Haha 1

This result is because you wrote to Network Rail and they contacted APCOA.

I've done this many times with different companies and different problems.

I have 100% successful outcomes using the route I advised.

Well Done

RESULT!! Waiting beside the letterbox now....:)

Dear Ms ****

First of all we would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused which resulted in your card being changed twice for your parking session in the London Paddington Station Car Park. Secondly, we would like to offer our sincere apologies for the delay in getting your refund for £10.00 actioned. We can confirm that your refund request, along with sufficient proof and postal address, was received on 4th November 2010 and forwarded to the refunds department for the Network Rail contract, based in Manchester, on the same day. We have explained the circumstances to the refunds department and that you are still waiting for your refund and will instigate an investigation to find out why this has taken so long. They have now confirmed that the refund request has been accepted and the relevant details surrounding the refund have been sent to our finance department so that a cheque can be generated and sent to your postal address in ********.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the time that it has taken for you to receive your refund for your double charge at the London Paddington Station Car Park.

Best regards

APCOA Parking Customer Service team

UK Head Office

Oh thanks again Pipsqueaker! It's 10 days since they sent the above message and as yet nothing has turned up - time to give them both another gentle nudge I think! :)

Add an adminitration charge of around £12.00 for your time in dealing with the matter. If they keep messing around you will increase the sum each time and make a trip to the local CC worthwhile.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you all know the refind cheque finally turned up last week - a staggering 6 months after the initial double charge.

The lesson? Don't park at the Apcoa car-park at Paddington unless you have the right change! Thanks again to all of you that helped me bring this to a conclusion, without your generous advice I might have given up. :)