makers warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please tell me the legal or consumer position on makers warranty, when a complaint or fault has been notified before warranty expires, but not rectified before that date?

Are there any channels open to physically make manufacturer keep testing car until fault is found.

Probably not tattie in regards to making them keep testing the car as within the warranty period they have said no fault found I presume. However, having reported a fault or suspected fault within the warranty period where they have stated there is no fault found and subsequently is a fault, I would have thought that they were legally bound to fix that fault, if there is sufficient evidence to suggest that they missed something because of their incompetency.

I'm sure there is case law and a precident on this but haven't had time to find it yet.

I had a situation with a BMW motorcycle relating to the front brake discs. Two sets were replaced under warranty due to warping and the second set also warped. BMW eventually came out with a new design of discs, but this occurred when the bike was out of warranty (almost a year out of warranty in fact) but because the fault had been logged and I had been asked to wait until a solution was found they did the work without any problems. The modified discs have been fine for almost three years now. The key issue with warranty claims is to notify the dealer as soon as possible.

Hi Blacknight, my thoughts were the sama as yours, but Citroën UK says warranty ends on a specific day. Any work done thereafter must be paid for by customer.:mad2:

Not strictly true scania but as citoren are more slippery than slippery can be is probably their stance. If there is a history of a particular issue which has continually been said to be no fault found and then subsequent fails then they will be liable for that fault. The point is that there needs to be a record. The downside of it all is that the longer a supposed fault exists then statistically it is less likely to be a manufacturing defect which is what the warranty covers however should it be proved there is a defect and a history exists then there should be no question.