Very CCA ropey- Says I opened account 3 years before the company existed!

themadcap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I requested a CCA on behalf of my mother from Very which they sent me this morning, I will post copies shortly, the CCA has no address info no signatures and no limits, also the accompanying letter states the account was opened May 2006, as far as I can find Very opened in 2009 - so unless my mother is a Soothsayer and predicted Very would start a business in 3 years times this must be extremely ropey.

Very used to be Littlewoods so check if your mum had an account from them. has she heard anything from them before? if so go over any reciepts and statements with a fine toothcomb. contact Very and ask them about it and tell them your looking into it so you dont get hassled for money your mum might not owe!

Very are cowboys, they charged my sister 3 times for a chest of drawers..because they sent her broken stuff and she had to return them. they refused to let her speak to a manager when she phoned....theyre not allowed to do that so if you phone and ask to speak to somebody in charge dont take no for an answer!

No she never had any account with them prior to this, I was sat with her when she opened this as it was an online application about 18 months ago I can see this also as her buy now pay laters are staring to appear and thats usually 12-18 months

Very used to be Littlewoods so check if your mum had an account from them. has she heard anything from them before? if so go over any reciepts and statements with a fine toothcomb. contact Very and ask them about it and tell them your looking into it so you dont get hassled for money your mum might not owe!

Very are cowboys, they charged my sister 3 times for a chest of drawers..because they sent her broken stuff and she had to return them. they refused to let her speak to a manager when she phoned....theyre not allowed to do that so if you phone and ask to speak to somebody in charge dont take no for an answer!

if your mum hasnt ordered anything from them then she doesnt owe them anything. check the delivery address they say the goods were sent to and ask for a printed,dated summery of the supposed orders to be posted to you. if theyre insistant on the matter you should maybe think about contacting the police in case its identity fraud. good luck, hope its not causing your mum too much stress

• 4 weeks later...

Hi the

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint to the CEO of Very, explain that your mother is a pensioner, explain that she can't afford to pay the charges/interest. See what he/she has to say, move forward from there.

Send it Recorded.

• 4 weeks later...

Did this and they completely ignored, they are a horrible bunch of people, I think I will pay it off for her and get to court on the charges at their 39% interest

cheers

Hi the

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint to the CEO of Very, explain that your mother is a pensioner, explain that she can't afford to pay the charges/interest. See what he/she has to say, move forward from there.

Send it Recorded.