couresportivo

What to expect in a SAR and an offer to pay refuced interest rate

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3129 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a relatively small debt with EGG £6.5k and along with most of the other 161k cardholders had my account terminated.

In the SAR (now received) I would have expected to see the original contract or a reconstiuted version, i would also have expected to see copies of correspondence yet all i received was 100;s of screen print's contact history going back to 2001 statements and some other computerised docs.

I also offered to pay them but I wanted a lower interest rate as they were no longer providing a service, which they refused.

What should I do next.

Hi Cou

Have you sent a CCA Request with £1 postal order, they have 14 days to respond, then you can send an account in dispute letter.

Heres some info on Rate Jacking :- http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-interest-rate-increases

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Hi Reb

No I went straight for an SAR £10, havent done the cca as yet. Surprised to find no initial contract/agreement. There must be nearly 800 pages in the sar response and didnt spot what i was really looking for as yet. Need to re read.

I was an early adopter of egg perhaps 98/99, was attracted by the cash back as I paid off in full every month. This persisted until about 18 months ago when circumstances changed and I used for credit. Ive no assets, as I gave home to children in Trust a few years ago. Never missed any kind of payment until after they withdrew credit facility, which p*******d me off as this caused a cash flow problem at the time. I continued to pay after they withrew facility.

Remember there might be more stuff from the Request on it's way to you if the 40 days isn't up. Send the CCA Request. Lets see what they send.

Have you got any Penalty Charges or have you been mis-sold PPI that you can claim back?

Hi Reb

No I went straight for an SAR £10, havent done the cca as yet. Surprised to find no initial contract/agreement. There must be nearly 800 pages in the sar response and didnt spot what i was really looking for as yet. Need to re read.

I was an early adopter of egg perhaps 98/99, was attracted by the cash back as I paid off in full every month. This persisted until about 18 months ago when circumstances changed and I used for credit. Ive no assets, as I gave home to children in Trust a few years ago. Never missed any kind of payment until after they withdrew credit facility, which p*******d me off as this caused a cash flow problem at the time. I continued to pay after they withrew facility.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Only got penalties since I stopped paying them. a few months ago. I will cheer them up with a cca in the next day or two. With no contract nor terms appearing, wonder if unenforcable?

I made a without prejudice offer to pay them a reduced rate of interest, which they rejected, my view at this stage is that it breaches the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, I refer specifically to part 3 section 8, which I reproduce below

Offences relating to unfair commercial practices

8.—(1) A trader is guilty of an offence if—

(a)he knowingly or recklessly engages in a commercial practice which contravenes the requirements of professional diligence under regulation 3(3)(a); and

(b)the practice materially distorts or is likely to materially distort the economic behaviour of the average consumer with regard to the product under regulation 3(3)(b).

At the time this distorted my economic behaviour

Edited by couresportivo
typo