have received a PCN where the meter reads 1hour free

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

new to the forum so excuse me if I am not following the forum protocol. I received a PCN in north london yesterday. I was parked in a "pay & display" parking bay on the main road. The writing on the meter read along the lines of 1hour is free and then charges for subsequent hours. But until you read all the text on that ticket machine, you would not read the paragraph which says that "You need to display a for the 1st hour" too.

Could someone advise if I stand a chance of revoking this PCN if I was to appeal? And if so what is the best approach to take?

Thank you in advance.

Roger

If you appeal, you have a chance of having it cancelled. If you don't appeal, then you don't - so I would say appeal it.

Appeals have to be in writing, giving the PCN number and your name and address. If you write a courteous letter explaining the mistake, and emphasise that you had no intent of breaking the rules or avoiding charges, then you have a chance they will cancel it. It's hard to see any other option, unless you want to try and find a technicality with the wording of the PCN, the street signs, the bay markings etc.

If you want advice on those lines, you'll need to provide us with images of the PCN (hide identifying info though), and details of the exact location.