Santander / wescott & other debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Was looking for some advice, I recently spoke to CCCS and due to the advice was told to send letters to debt collection companies to offer a token payment per month of a £1

Which I did on the 9th of February

I recently got one 1 letter back from one company saying it was fine, send a payment on so and so date and we will review it in 6months so that’s one debt covered for now until the 6month review

ive still yet to hear from the others, im guessing they got the letters as ive had no letters or phone calls for some time so im an bit unsure oh what to do

The main problem for now is Santander / wescott , I failed to keep up the payments for loan so I was referred to wescott which I sent them a letter also on the 9th

which also ive had no calls from nor Santander Until today,

Which im a bit confused about as I stated to the lady ive sent letters to wescott her reply was oh we work with wescott but have received nothing.

Yes I know I should of sent it recorded postage but at the time I forgot

But then she goes on about oh your dealing with CCCS?? Im like yeah I can only often to £1 token a month and then she wanted my CCCS ref number and SHE SAID ALL WAS FINE??

Now that’s where im confused… seems like she already knew them details anyhow. My reply was do you wish to send my income/out come to you instead of wescott address as you got nothing. Her reply was no. just ring us during the week to do the £1 a month

So clearly seems the phone call was a load of rubbish, clearly they got the letter as I used to get bombed with calls daily and weekly and its been the first call since week and a half or so ago

As I don’t have a home phone. Its going to cost a lot in mobile pay as you go credit to call they number every month,

Has anyone dealt with Santander before where im able to set up an standing order or would I just ring them and request they bank details to do so. As in the next 4 months my girlfriend is having a baby and really don’t want to forgot to make a payment late

Also would it be best to request a letter from Santander to confirm they have accepted the £1 token payment a month for now and for how long etc?

Many Thanks

you have ofcourse cca'ed all the creditors & looked at unlawful charges and p'haps mis-sold PPI.

i would pay nowt to no-one until you are 100% SURE they are legally entitled to have it!

reghardless to what you might 'think' .

see my sig about sequenci's excellent debt blog

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A CCA request is simply a request to see if they hold the original agreement under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act. There's a template letter for one in the library and you send it in with £1.00. They then have 12+2 working days in which to respond to your request. If after that time they have not responded they have defaulted on their duties and have to stop enforcement of the debt until the resolve the dispute. You place the account into dispute with them and similarly you don't have to pay a penny until they supply your agreement. This is the common one:

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77-79(6) will apply.

(DELETE THIS BELOW IF YOU ARE SENDING THE LETTER TO THE ORIGNAL CREDITOR AS OPPOSED TO A DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY)

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

Thank you for that I will do that later today when I post out letters

Thank you for the template will save it on my computer so I have it stored

any advice on the Santander problem?

Would it be best to request a letter from Santander to confirm they have accepted the £1 token payment a month for now and for how long etc?

Also as above clearly they got the letter as she didn’t seem to harass me for more payment then an £1 token payment

Also the other Problem is , Women said nothing about consider freezing interest and charges so that the debt does not increase further

also didn’t say how long I pay the £1 token for?

As one of the other companies said it would be reviewed in 6 months which suits me fine as that’s one less hassle I have to deal with and gives me 6 months to try and sort things out

Only doing this is red to distinguish it from yours!

Thank you for that I will do that later today when I post out letters

Thank you for the template will save it on my computer so I have it stored

any advice on the Santander problem?

Would it be best to request a letter from Santander to confirm they have accepted the £1 token payment a month for now and for how long etc? When Dealing with tese things it's always best to have everything in writing, so yes, I'd ask for acceptance of the £1 per month in writing from them "for the avoidance of doubt." (See letter below).

Also as above clearly they got the letter as she didn’t seem to harass me for more payment then an £1 token payment As above.

Also the other Problem is , Women said nothing about consider freezing interest and charges so that the debt does not increase further This is probably where they'll hit you. You read all the time on the forums of people making payments only to find their debt increasing at an alarming rate. I'd send the following:

Company Name

Address

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Your Reference.

Following my telephone conversation with you last week, I would be very grateful if you could confirm your acceptance of my offer of £1.00 per month for the next 6 months after which time we will review it in the hope I can increase my payments to you.

As explained on the phone and in my previous letter, I cannot now afford to agreed monthly payments because ... [add your explanation here, keep it brief and in one paragraph if possible).

In view of our circumstances, if you could please confirm acceptance of my offer to be reviewed in six months it will give at least some peace of mind during this difficult time. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, we would be grateful if you would freeze these so our debt does not increase. Again, perhaps you would be kind enough to confirm this in your response.

Should my circumstances improve we will contact you again.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Your Name

As one of the other companies said it would be reviewed in 6 months which suits me fine as that’s one less hassle I have to deal with and gives me 6 months to try and sort things out

I did send all of them a letter which I got from CCCS requesting to accept a £1 token my letter was addressed to wecott and Santander seems to know nothing about it. strange how the person I spoke to yesterday said it was all fine and then the person I spoke to today to make an £1 token payment didn’t really seem to care and said CCCS should be making the payments

After explaining number of time due to the advice of CCCS I was told to send you a letter of income and outcome and what I can afford etc and CCCS only does DMP with people with £5 each debt company a month which clearly I don’t have and basically she said I had to ring CCCS and get them to pay a payment but she took the £1 token payment.

Santander is just doing my head in to be honest,

Thank you for that letter, and the added parts I will send it off to wecott/Santander

Wish it could be as a simple as getting a letter I got last week saying one of the debt collection companies saying £1 token for 6 months is fine

Found it strange how today after sending them letters one of my debt collections companies for capital one has now transferred the debt back to capital one seems a bit odd as not heard from them since sending the letters out on the 9th