mustard7

Bryan Carter/Egg CCA request

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3132 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I sent a CCA request to Bryan Carter for a Egg credit card debt.

After 2 months I finally got a reply.

Though I have no idea if the agreement is enforceable and what I should do next.

Any help, advise, ideas would be very welcome.

The response I got was as follows...

A covering letter from Egg that states that included is,

1 - Document A, a copy of my original agreement which contains the original interest rates.

2 - Document B, my current terms and conditions.

From looking through what they have sent me it just seems like a photocopied terms and conditions.

Yes, my name and address are on there, but no signature of any kind. Just a tick in a tick box in place of a signature, and a tick in a tick box in place of their signature.

What should I do next?

Well, if you can scan the documents for all the Caggers to see (block out personal information) we will be able to tell you if it's enforcable. How long ago did you take this card out and was it done online?

is it a reconstituted agreement or the origional?

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

It was done online. Around 2005 i think.

I have just taken pics of what was sent... I will endeavour to work out how to attach and delete personal info. I not so good on computers!

You can convert them to PDF using a free program and then upload them by clicking go advanced below and add attachments (paper clip icon)

Then there were about 50 pages along the same lines as the attached.

Nothing relating to me or my address however.

DSC02663re.jpg

Then finally, another 20+ pages of the following. No signatures or even tick boxes as signatures.

What I did notice that the APR on this is different to the first batch of photos I uploaded.

DSC02664done.jpg

DSC02665.jpg

Unfortunately Mustard the attachments are too small as they are in jpeg, however,did you apply for this online? I only ask as normally on line apps use tick boxes which are deemed enforceable.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It was an online application with tick boxes.

I will try to upload the documents again but in PDF if that helps?

Online apps with tick boxes are normally deemed enforceable, as you are able to have the leisure of reading their T&C's in your own homw, however all is not lost.

Any charges, late payment fees etc can be reclaimed, and now it is you who is in control, telling them how much you are able to realistically pay back per week/month.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Any charges, late payment fees etc can be reclaimed, and now it is you who is in control, telling them how much you are able to realistically pay back per week/month.

BB, do you think there is any significance that they have sent the OP's current T&C's, not the T&C's from the origional agreement? (Or are these with the origional agreement, ref:post 1 doc A and Doc B)

The relevance of CCA's and their enforceability is questionable, by that I mean in the past some rather unscrupulous DMC's have abused this process and scuppered it for the rest of us, so a questionable CCA shouldn't be relied upon, especially as they can now reconstitute the agreements, however, IMO they should produce the T&C's at the time the agreement was taken out, AND the latest T&C's including all or any variations to them in between for the life of the agreement.

By all means dispute the account on the basis that they have failed to supply T&C's from the original date of the agreement, but it's a ruddy minefield at the minute, the only safe bet is if they cannot produce or reconstitute one.

I agree with you that it should be the T&C's from the origional agreement, but that doesn't stop them producing it at a later date. Just trying to look at various angles for the OP.

I think maybe the default notice could be something to look at as well