satisfaction in court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody ,

Its been a while since ive posted anything but I have been reading various posts once or twice about these employers that for want of better words have" puled a dirty" on employees. ( I can totally understand how you feel )

My case will be over in may win or loose etc. My feeling is that ill win but i have a question (as always )

Suppose for what ever reason I want my satisfaction in court ( regardless of any offer that may be offered in settlement ) do I have that right ? or would any offer if made affect the way the court views me ?

Its been two years of the worst stress Ive ever had and to be honest id like to win in court to " really win " .

Any input as always will be gratefully received

Thanks

I am told that most ET cases settle before the case, that the best monetary settlement are usually attached to compromise agreements. When we were faced with this dilemma last year, practicalities took over ie is it better to have the money and be gagged or less money (and uncertainty as to how it will go as far as result is concerned) generally a lot less money but not be gagged? if you are not gagged, who is going to listen?

My advice take them for all you can get and then move on....... there is life after ET disputes (but not much of one!!!). It takes time to regain your former self.

I have represented many clients who won in court. Almost without exception, not one of them thought they got justice - despite the fact thay won! There is no justice to be gained, only a (potemtial) win - and they are not the same thing.

Hi duvack ,

I'm in the same boat , 2 and a half years of threats and lies are going to come to an end next week (hopefully).

As much as I'd like to see the managers responsible for my dismissal face the tribunal judge and try to lie their way out of it I personally think hitting the company in the pocket will cause far more damage to them .

It's cost them an enormous amount to defend my claim as it is so I will take a settlement as long as its reasonable , if not I'll see them at the tribunal , I'll be quite happy which ever way it goes ...win or lose .