Lowells DCA harrassing me

Emma74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all my name is Emma i`m being harrassed again by a dca here is my problem. back in 2008 i requested the dca sends me a copy of signed cca, they did not so after some time i sent them the second letter to advise them they were in default as advised on another forum.i have not heard anything for 2-3 years and have now just been asked by new dca to pay up...can they do this? after the first dca is still not replied to my letters i thought the account is in dispute??

thanks in advance Emma

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Em

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

They can do that, they've just passed it to another DCA, there is a letter in the library that you can send, asking them to send the

account back to the creditor. It actually a waste of there time. Send it Recorded. The Account is still in Dispute and remember the

debt is still there, somewhere along the way, you might be able to settle for a very very reduced amount.

Send lowlifes this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Send it 2nd class and get proof of posting from the post office, then sit back and ignore.

Even accounts that are disputed are flogged off to the next lemon buyer in a portfolio of other debts, the history of these debts is not passed on therefore resulting in the fools wasting their time and money!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi again,

Well after a week of waiting i finally recieved a reply from Lowells saying they a placing my collection procedures on hold & have today contacted barclaycard for an explanation. They are saying they will get back to me once barclaycard have responded.

They then go on to say that they believe its better to resolve this matter once & for all rather than simply return the account to barclaycard only to have it reappear at some point in the future. They hope that this meets with my approval & apologise for any inconvience caused.

What should i expect next? any help or advice will be welcome, not sure what to think abit worrying

Hi,

While the account is on hold, there is no more for you to do (for now). If Lowells can't get the paperwork, they will probably flog it on again

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

hiya folks i've had a response from lowells & i need your advice again please the letter reads(i'm leaving dates out as this reveal who i am to the lowlifes;)

" Barclaycard have checked there records & confirmed that on speaking with Apex, they adviced that they recieved a letter from me, to advise that i had not recieved a copy application as per request.

Apex are also saying they spoke to me & no CCA request was made & no £1 fee was ever sent, they then go on to say Apex have closed my account & asked me to get back in touch with barclaycard.

Lowells then go on to say we trust this now resolves your query, & if they haven't heard from me in the next 14 days my account will be transferred to DCA Lowell Financial, who will be contacting me regarding this account"

I have prove of postage of both letters sent to Apex the 1st letter CCA request 2nd letter 12+2 account in dispute what next??? can they do this???? any advice would be much apprieciated as worrying again thanks

the letter above is confusing which i received from lowells, and i am worried that they are trying to confuse me with the terminoligy, basically i sent cca request to apex way back in 2008 then 12+2 account in dispute.

now lowells and barclaycard ( who i believe are connected in some way) are deniying any cca request was sent to my previous DCA (Apex) although i have copies of letters sent and proof of delivery, this account is coming to the six year mark!!! does this have any relevance to the change in tactic??? once again thanks in advance for any advice :(

afterwhile lowell will get fed up and pass it back to barclaycard who then might sell to capquest as that what barclaycard did with myself so my barclaycard debt is owned by capquest but i started my cca request for them hopefully that hold them off for say 2 years then it sb for me

if you have proof for cca request then it upto u but least u have proof if u did ignore them if they take to court just show the judge and say they havent provided what you have asked for and they actually broke the law themselves also if its only few months till statuory barred i would ignore are u based in scotland or england &wales?

Hi Emma.

I noticed that you had previuously sent the letter regarding the account being passed to another DCA while in dispute.

I would resend this but include a paragraph stating that you retained evidence of your previous request and postage and that you refute the claims by APEX and barclaycard that this was never sent.

Also have a read of this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?257619-Turning-the-tables-on-DCA-Bullies&highlight=turning+the+tables+on+the+dca%27s

As the account is in dispute with the previous DCA and you have hard evidence of this, I believe that following a course of action described in this thread could be of benefit

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Hi , BB posted the link earlier in the thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency Add a paragraph like I mentioned above (may be worth highlighting this so they read it, they may be used to these letters and not bother reading it fully).

Did you establish if your debt was statute barred?

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile: