Barclaycard credit cards

floridagirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I am in need of some advice. Had a telephone appt with CCCS who advised us to write to each credit card stating we can only pay a set amount enclosing our budgeting plan and a list of creditors. Barclayucard have suspended the credit card sent a new statement and ignored the letter, please can you let me know what is the next action. Barclaycard have just added a £12 late payment fee and interest this month. The statement has come within 3 days of the last payment being due, I suspect they have received the letter and are ignoring it. :|

Barclaycard are a nightmare to deal with. What ever you offer they never accept without a lot of pressure.

The will continue to add penalty charges and interest until they accept your offer, which they will refuse as long as they can to squeeze an extra few quid out of you.

You will in the next week or two start to receive letters and phone calls from MERCERS DEBT RECOVERY, but this is BARCLAYCARD's in house collectors. DO NOT get into any conversation on the phone with them, ever. If the ring refuse to answer their security questions, tell them in writing only and put the phone down.

They will pester the life out of you will phone calls, all they want is to get you on the phone and intimidate you about what they are going to do, which is all rubbish to get you to pay more.

Barclayshark don't rush themselves. Give them a week or so then write again with your offer and keep doing this until they accept.

How old is the account?

Do you bank with barclays?

Yes open a parashute account with a banking group that has no connection with any of your creditors or they can use the 'right to offset' rule and use money from your other accounts to pay your outstanding arrears without even notifying you first.

Is the account pre 2007

Yes I think most of our credit card account are pre April 2007.

Will they take money even though the barclays account is over drawn obviously not to its limit though, we have direct debits going out of the Barclays account two of them.

They can if they choose take the arrears putting overdrawn account further in to the red, even over your overdraft limit so they can bang some more charges on. Barclays are ruthless.

Have you considered doing CCA request to all of your creditors to see if they have any enforceable paperwork?

If any of them haven't it could give you an angle to bargain for a full and final offer much lower than the outstanding balance.

Hi

I am in the process of writing to all the credit cards for the paperwork that was signed when the card was taken out, I contacted a solicitor and she told me what to put in the letter which includes the comsumer credit act of 1974 I have so far got 2 back.

• 3 weeks later...

Myself and my husband are on round two now of sending letters offering the monthly amount we can pay on our 3 credit cards. Barclaycard keep telephoning for my husband, we keep telling them to respond to our letters, they keep saying they haven't received any letters, we are just going around in circles. Does anyone know how long barclaycard will keep this up. I have proof of posting for all the letters sent. Our monthly statements are arriving and we keep paying the amount we have offered them. Why are Barclaycard being so stupid. I am intending to CCA them all, I have actually had a response to one of them.

BC will pass it onto their in-house collection team (Mercers) and then eventually to an outside debt collector either by sale or to collect on their behalf.

Unfortunately BC seem to have their own agenda and are not the easiest of creditors to deal with.... they loath to produce documentation when asked.

For the time being all you can do is pay what you can afford, send them the telephone letter & then make a complaint to TS if they continue.

Hello Floridagirl,

Just picked up your thread. You ask how long acn they keep this up? Well brace yourself we have been at it the best part of three and half years altogether. Barclaycard are one of the worst people you can have to deal with in this business. Do quite a bit of reading on here and follow the advice you have been given and what is available on other threads. You can cope with them and once they have passed it on to their in house collections people Mercers they usually put several feet wrong and then even more so when it gets passed across the office gangway to the next level of BC thuggery departments which is Calders. The good people will advise your position and what to do when that happens.

Remember that their main weapon against you is your own fear of what they may do. There is a mantra on here, never speak with them on the 'phone unless you can record it and save it for future use against them, everything writing only and yes they will ignore your letters.

One final thing at this stage. If you have ANY other bank accounts within the Barclays coven, it is essential that you open an account elsewhere and divert any incomings to that new account. Barclays WILL exercise their right to "Set-Off" and raid your other accounts for monies owing to Barclaycard and leave you with nothing.

regards

oilyrag.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is some of the paperwork returned by barclaycard.

The credit card was taken out in 1997 as a goldfish card and was taken over by barclaycard a couple of years ago.

Barclaycard have sent us their conditions this was not available to us in 1997 as they did not have anything to do with goldfish.

Here is some of the paperwork returned by barclaycard.

The credit card was taken out in 1997 as a goldfish card and was taken over by barclaycard a couple of years ago.

Barclaycard have sent us their conditions this was not available to us in 1997 as they did not have anything to do with goldfish

new image 2.jpg

new image 5.jpg

new image 3.jpg

new image 1.jpg

new image 2.jpg

new image 5.jpg

new image 3.jpg

new image 1.jpg