• Tweets

• One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Who is the Chairman or CEO of NatWest Bank

Iwonthaveit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

New to forum can some please tell me who is the chairman/CEO to Natwest Bank and how can I contact him, really appecriate help.

Never ask for statements, specifically request a list of transactions

If you do ask for statements you may be charged £10 a time, and over six years that’s £720, yet asking for a list of charges should be fine.

40 Days to comply or seek remedy fronm the information comissioner!!

Don't have it

thanks I have also found out the Chairman of NatWest is Sir Philip Hampton and the CEO of NatWest is

Stephen Hester

PO Box 1000

Gogarburn

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

guys I have been reading loads of stories and it feels so good to know I am not alone that NatWest is utterly dispicable please no one have a telephone conversation with recording yourself as they will write anything on there phonecall log system claiming you hung up and you did not, claiming you were abusive and you did not offer repayment any thing you send use recorded deliverly and photocopy everything.

If you do ask for statements you may be charged £10 a time, and over six years that’s £720, yet asking for a list of charges should be fine.

Don't have it

does anybody know anything about Formal Demands do you get 14 days to satisfy arrears

Don't have it

does anybody know anything about Formal Demands do you get 14 days to satisfy arrears

Do you mean a Statutory Demand.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hey rebel would you know if one can complain about case handlers the one who fail your complaint without doing proper research

Don't have it

Do you mean a Statutory Demand.

yeah but NatWest calls them Formal Demands, they have made a bank error and closed my account on purpose as I have serveral arguments with their rude call centre staff.

If anyone is sending letters to NatWest Collections then send two copies of the letter to Louise Townsend and Lisa Green both are head of NatWest Collections and please for the love of God send it by recorded delivery, don't leave it to chance these people are wicked.

Don't have it

You would need to Complain to Nat West first and when you've got there final answer, you can take the matter to the FOS. Customer Service departments are designed to fustrate. It's pretty much set up so that the computer tells the human what to do, remember the computer can't think, the employee is taught the computer can't be wrong.

hey rebel would you know if one can complain about case handlers the one who fail your complaint without doing proper research

guys I have alreadly recieved my final response but the case handler did not even investigate my case properly

Don't have it

Guys I just would like to ask as NatWest will not respond to me when I ask this question and I will not correpond with them through a telephon conversationm,I am currently conducting my own investigation anyway the question is;

If your NatWest Account is in the Collections Dept can you as a customer go into your branch and withdraw funds from your account?

Guys I know the question is a little ‘off’ so to speak but I need an answer as I am determine to prove that NatWest wrong

Guys I will post my story up later but to give you a little taster that NatWest kept me in the Collections Dept even though I satisfied my arrears thus keeping my accounting sitting in Collections for over six months and leading me wrongly into the Recovery Dept and now to an external agency, it is making me physically sick the way they are behaving. Not having a bank account is really a pain and all my wages have been swallowed up as my employer pays in that account I cannot get another account at another High Street Bank as NatWest have more or less black listed me and given me a poor credit rating I really feel sick about this it's keeping me up at night.

Guys would you know if is a set period of time when they are supposed to respond to a S.A.R

Weeks a go I paid for and requested transcripts of telephone coversations and they are not sending them they are delaying purposely which so annoying.

Don't have it

thanks Rebel I will use FOS eventually however from what I have read from others FOS are poorly trained, understaffed and tend to favour banks so I want to do as much ground work as possible and get as much evidence as I can so I give myself a fighting chance and so I do not get a shoddy investigation completed and my complaint not upheld like the rude NatWest Case Handler I had who claimed to be highly trained and spent 4 days on my case, yet is so stupid and could not see that if indeed my account was in the Collections Dept like she stated how on earth did I withdraw money from the Branch maybe!!!!!! because my account was not!!!!!! in the Collections Dept like NatWest Bank falsly allege.

Highly Trained I don't think soooooooooooo

Don't have it

guys what is a CCA request?

Don't have it

C'mon SS, tell everyone the good nooz! :-)

Do you by any chance know how to take a bank to court as I really am gonna sue that silly no good Bank NatWest

Don't have it

Hi I won't.

I have moved the 2 posts above from someone else's thread onto your own thread, to avoid hijacking. Please keep your questions here or we end up with Q's and A's all over the place.

A CCA request is a formal request sent to a bank seeking sight of a credit card or loan agreement. It used to be very useful in setting an account "in dispute" although it is of less use now after case rulings which say the bank does not necessarily HAVE to supply a copy of the signed agreement.

Before you sue a bank, you need to ensure you have a good "Cause of Action" or good and clear grounds to take them to court.

You also need to identify any losses that you have incurred so you can reclaim them. Or you may want to seek damages from them for their failings although this may be far more difficult to prove. If you take court action and lose, you may find yourself liable for the banks costs, even in Small Claims cases.

From what I have seen above, you should proceed with a complaint to the FOS. Keep your complaint as brief as possible so it's easy to follow and perhaps make a Schedule setting out dates of relevant events which can accompany the complaint.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

@ moderators sorry all the Q and A I am so overeager I forget interent etiquette, real sorry I dont want to hijack other people threads.

Guys below some info for you, if you subject requesting from NatWest!!

To request a Subject Access Request, you will need to send a signed letter request for a 'Subject Access Request' and enclose either a cheque, postal order for the sum of £10, made payable to NATWEST, to the below address:-

Joyce E Tudor

Chief Operating Office, UK Retail Risk

RBS Gogarburn

Business House B - Ground Floor

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh EH12 1HQ

Don't have it

would I be allowed to ask are there any former NatWest Workers in in the house

Don't have it

does anybody know anything about Satutory Demands do you get 14 days to satisfy arrears, please any help appreciated

Edited by Iwonthaveit
spelling

Don't have it

Hi Iwon't,

I don't know of any ex NatWest workers currently posting.

Stat'y Demands are usually used inappropriately by banks or their DCA's, as a means to intimidate those who are not well-versed in dealing with creditors' tricks.

Because the SD looks very formal, creditors may feel threatened and offer to pay whatever they can to stop further action. But here at CAG, the majority of site users successfully fend off the SD by responding properly to court with an Application to Set Aside.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

guys would any one know the answer to these question when staturtory demands are issued is there a set numbers of day given to satifsy the arrears before the bank demand full repayment of the loan? i.e. if you missed three payments on a loan does the statutory demand give 14 days to satisfy the arrears before the full amount is requested, please, please, please need help on this.

Don't have it

Guys would anyone also know what is the difference between a informal notice and formal notice in terms of loan defaults.

Don't have it

Would you by anychance know who Brian Hartzler is

Don't have it

Guys if any fellow poster need it this is a member of

NatWest

Executive Response Team

Group Customer Relations

his name is Tony Smith

email: [email protected]

Don't have it

Hi IWon't,

There's a useful thread here about SD's and how to respond to them - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?86067-Getting-Statutory-Demand-Set-Aside**WON-IN-COURT**&p=778180&viewfull=1#post778180

You'll see that you should respond to a SD within 18 days if you want to apply for it to be Set Aside. The thread is not too long and contains plenty of useful pointers.

...... what is the difference between a informal notice and formal notice in terms of loan defaults.
These are terms that I don't recognise.

Each bank may use different terms to describe letters that they send to get you to pay.

AFAIK, important documents would include Default Notice; Notice of Assignment; Statutory Demand, Termination Notice, etc but there may be others.

8-)

Hi Iwon't,

I don't know of any ex NatWest workers currently posting.

Stat'y Demands are usually used inappropriately by banks or their DCA's, as a means to intimidate those who are not well-versed in dealing with creditors' tricks.

Because the SD looks very formal, creditors may feel threatened and offer to pay whatever they can to stop further action. But here at CAG, the majority of site users successfully fend off the SD by responding properly to court with an Application to Set Aside.

8-)

Satutory Demands have expiry dates don't they?

Don't have it