highfive

GATSO camera speeding dispute (with ROAD ANGEL device fitted)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3215 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Zapped by GATSO in 40mph zone when Road Angel read 40mph. My Road Angel device recognised the GATSO in the distance and gave me plenty of time to adjust to exactly 40mph yet the camera flashed and now I've got a summons accusing me of travelling at 48mph. The 2 photos showed my car at intervals on the road which can only be correct if a) I was travelling at 48mph which I wasn't, or b) the 2 GATSO flashes were just micro-seconds out. I've appealed this and got a date for a court hearing. I was wondering if anyone has appealed and won on similar grounds.

Zapped by GATSO in 40mph zone when Road Angel read 40mph. My Road Angel device recognised the GATSO in the distance and gave me plenty of time to adjust to exactly 40mph yet the camera flashed and now I've got a summons accusing me of travelling at 48mph. The 2 photos showed my car at intervals on the road which can only be correct if a) I was travelling at 48mph which I wasn't, or b) the 2 GATSO flashes were just micro-seconds out. I've appealed this and got a date for a court hearing. I was wondering if anyone has appealed and won on similar grounds.

You will find more info here: http://www.abd.org.uk/gatso_photo_checking.htm

Calculation

You need the following pieces of information

• Number of marks passed
  • Interval between photos in seconds
  • Distance between marks in feet

You can calculate speed in mph as follows:

Speed = Gap * Marks * 0.6818 / Interval

Example:

Suppose the vehicle passed 7 marks 5 feet apart in 0.5 seconds. Calculate as follows:

7 marks * 5 feet * 0.6818 / 0.5 seconds = 47.7 mph

You may need the following conversion factors:

Mph to feet per second: multiply by 1.46667

Feet per second to mph: multiply by 0.6818

Feet to metres: multiply by 0.3048

Metres to feet: multiply by 3.2808

• Haha 1

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

I agree. Measure the markings.

Serco put these up and they are rubbish at it.