Hengo Vs HSBC

Hengo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Have been looking at this brilliant site for a couple of weeks and have finally got round to sorting my claim out.

I have opened another bank account (new account details etc received in the post today) and spent yesterday printing off my online statements and adding up the charges HSBC have taken from me.

HSBC have been charging me penalties for the last 3 years and it adds up to £485.00, although they are due to charge me another £125 on 17/9/06 so it will rise to £610.00 when they take that. I’m so angry with them (they were so unhelpful when I tried calling about the charges) and so happy to have found this great site and all the helpful people here.

So, I have now typed my prelim letter and schedule of charges and put it in the post tonight. It is all quite scary but hopefully will be worth it in the end!

Will keep you posted with any progress/problems/worries I have along the way.

Thanks

Hengo

Hi Hengo, and welcome!!

I, like you was spurred on to reclaim my charges after I got angry at a £121 charge!!

Good luck with your claim

HSBC

Full offer received and accepted 03/10/06

MCOL issued 01/09/06 Claim now up to 3715.85

Offered £1900 as full and final settlement - Declined

Claiming £2844.5 + £201.35 interest = £3045.85

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 27/7/06

Frustrated at waiting, Prelim sent 03/8/06

LBA sent 17/8/06

Halifax

Prelim sent 28/09/06 caliming £345.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 23/8/06

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I’ve heard nothing back from HSBC since my prelim letter but wasn’t really expecting to anyway. So… on with step two, I’ve just typed my LBA and am taking it to the post office tomorrow.

Despite asking them not to, HSBC did take the £125 charge from me earlier this month (surprise, surprise) and have since taken a further £60 as the £125 charge put me overdrawn, so my claim is now up to £670.

Wonder if I’ll hear anything back this time round…

____

HSBC claim for £670.00

12/09/06 - Prelim letter and schedule of charges sent to HSBC

27/09/06 - Letter before action and schedule of charges sent

• 3 weeks later...

Time’s up HSBC, I gave them more than 14 days to reply to my LBA and still not heard anything at all. So, I’ve just filled in the MCOL form and paid my fees so my claim has been submitted (which now includes another £125 charge by HSBC and of course the extra 8% added to the total). A little bit nervous about it all – let’s see what happens next. Wish me luck.

____

HSBC claim for £846.50 (total charges + 8% interest + MCOL costs)

17/10/06 - MCOL issued

be excited...you are nearly there :D

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

They speak! I received a letter today offering me £600. The letter had the wrong address on it so has been to someone else's house before being re-posted and finding its way to me!! What a joke, how have they managed to get my address wrong?? I would have turned it down anyway but have completed my MCOL for £846.50 so guess I don't have to do anything about this letter?

Feels good to have had an offer anyway.

nope! they knew the deadline! it should say in the bottom that they will assume you dont accept the other if they dont hear from you so i think the mcol claim will be a nice big clue lol.

if u wanted to appear really nice then maybe write to them explaining that u didnt receive their offer because they didnt send it to the right place. mention really nicely that u wont take any action under the data protection act as u are sure it was just a mistake and politely say that they missed the dealine so it is now with the courts. would look fab in court lol. (not that it will get that far btw!)

personally i wouldnt bother though. mcol speaks for itself :D

good luck :)

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Thanks Kaz, think I will just leave the MCOL to do the talking as you suggest.

Do I need to send my schedule of charges to anyone now? I'm sure I read somewhere that I need to send it after completing MCOL but can't remember where I read this and can't find the info again!

Thanks

Hengo

My MCOL has been acknowledged on 23/10, so I guess it's a waiting game to see what happens in the next 28 days.

At least this will be over soon, one way or another.

____

HSBC claim for £846.50 (total charges + 8% interest + MCOL costs)

17/10/06 - MCOL issued - acknowledged 23/10