Congestion Charge Bailiffs first visit with no prior warning...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I had a hand delivered letter this morning from a bailiff working on behalf of JBW Group for the fee of £506. It was, to put it mildly, a surprise.

I contacted JBW who said that I'd have to speak to the bailiff but they could confirm that the charge has arised from a non-payment of congestion charge from May 2010.

I'm not debating the charge itself but this is the first time I've been contacted at all regarding the payment. I recently moved and updated my DVLA information two weeks ago so I assume this is why. However my TFL account clearly has my mobile number, email and previous address - I also had all post redirected following the move.

As I said I've had no communication until this morning regarding this debt. I even emailed TFL twice, via their online form, asking to check for any outstanding charges as I wasn't sure at the time if my trip into London had incurred any. I had no reply either time.

Perhaps foolishly I paid the amount over the phone before looking on the internet (although it is by a credit card so can be cancelled).

I've read up on here about contacting the TEC and filling in the Statutory Declaration Out of Time form (which is coded PE2 & 3). Is this the same as the TE7 forms?

However I've not been giving a penalty charge notice at any point. The bailiff said a full breakdown will be sent to me.

If anyone has any advice or help I'd be incredibly grateful!

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Not too good with these but believe you are on the right track in filling the Out of Times in. You need to do this ASAP. Others will be along shortly to put you in the right direction.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks PT.

My concern is that I have paid the bailiff the full amount. I've paid by credit card though so I can cancel the payment within 60 days. I'm wondering if this is an option - to cancel the payment then send off the Out of Time forms to TEC? The payment hasn't, as yet, appeared on my credit card.

Adam.

If you have paid in full then in some respects it easier for you - no nasty surprise at the door or worse to find your car lifted. In my opinion I would stay with having paid and you now have 6 years in which to claim any overpayment back. If your Out of Times are accepted they have to refund you and if they become awkward about it submit an N1 in the County Court naming both Bailiffs and the Authority that employed them as Defendants.

I note this is to do with JBW and there has been a recent thread here you should read to see what sort of tricks they get up to. Read it carefully.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?294053-please-can-someone-help-me

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again PT, that's an interesting read about JBW.

I wasn't sure if, having now paid, I could still submit an Out of Time application. I'm still waiting for a breakdown of costs and further details from either the bailiff or JBW.

It's also interesting reading about where the warrant was issued to - the address that JBW has on file is an address I moved out of in February 2010, some months before the congestion charge was issued in May 2010.

Adam.

I wasn't sure if, having now paid, I could still submit an Out of Time application. You most certainly can. I'm still waiting for a breakdown of costs and further details from either the bailiff or JBW. You want this from the Company

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had exactly the same problem this morning with baliffs EQUITA who I paid as they were threatening to tow my car away. I have been on to Northampton CC who have sent me Out of Time form and Statutory declaration form to fill out.. but in my case I am in the position of not having received any correspondence from TFL about the original CC notice nor EQUITA. The amount of hassle and effort this is now going to cause me is huge but the sume of £545 is also huge. Can anyone give me any advice. The first I knew about this outstanding notice is when i asked the baliff for proof of this outstanding CC notice. He gave me the number which I then looked for online on the TFL site and there it was. How can

I tackle this? It seems that it is going to be a case of my word against theirs... but I know I would not have ignored 3 letters from TFL, an Order for Recovery letter and then a letter saying it was now in the hands of the baliffs..