2nd hand car woes!

squishyrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, i recently bought a car, 2nd hand, for £900. i bought it from not just wheels in nottingham who are a paint refurb company. i was given a receipt from 'richard *unt of not just wheels'. there were a couple of problems with the car i was aware of when i bought the car. on the same signed receipt richard promised to cover half the cost if it came to more than £40 for the repairs. i was quite happy as i thought this is a guarantee of this guys honesty. how wrong i was. after spending a few hundred quid on sorting a few problems, its still not completely sorted. i have contacted him to let him know id like to take him up on his offer but he replied once to say basically, he wasnt keen on the idea and since then nothing. i later found out the mileage was not as advertised (20k out) which is an offence isnt it? and as he didnt put his name on the logbook, im lead to believe he sold it as a trader as if you buy a car as a privateer, you have to legally change the details? any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob.

Seems to be a case of misrepresentation and yes to falsify mileage is a serious offence. It is also an offence for a person to pose as an individual seller if they are a trader. In the first instance you should have a chat with your local trading standards for more advice as it seems this guy has breached a number of regulations.

hey sufer01, thanks for the reply. im definitely contacting trading standards now as i wasnt totally sure if i had any case but i needed someone elses opinion. what makes it worse is i bought the car with money from an inheritance left by my grandma who i was very close to. i even considered paying him a visit but then id end up on the wrong side of the law. thanks again mate, Rob.