• Tweets

• “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania LOL   Does seem that way HB - all the little trumpies throwing their money away while 'larger players' milk them by 'shorting it seems     I'm waiting for it to drop below $20 before investing ... .. some more chortles  
    • Clyde Valley Housing Association have received the following reprimand because of an infringement that occurred in July 2022 when they released a new customer portal. This portal included personal data of data subjects and residents found they were able to view personal information such as names and addresses about other residents. A resident reported this to Clyde Valley Housing Association, however this concern was not escalated appropriately which led to data remaining viewable on the portal for a further 5 days until further residents reported the issue and Clyde Valley Housing Association suspended the portal.View the full article
    • It's mostly small investors, isn't it, TJ? I don't think Wall Street and institutions have bought into Truth Social. Much like US banks don't want to lend to him, I'm reading.
    • Looking on their website I would of thought that a Life interest trust would of been set up, and they state:   "A life interest trust  (also known as possession trusts or interest in possession trusts) be used for preserving assets for the next generation whilst providing a benefit for the current generation. For example, if your home is placed into a life interest trust, then the person with this interest can continue to live there until their death. The house would then be distributed in line with your Will." & A trust can be created in your lifetime, which is to take immediate effect (often referred to as a “lifetime settlement”), or it can be created on death through your Will (known as a “Will Trust”).
    • “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania   LOL Hit $26 and likely temporarily bounced back a bit to 27 dollars - from $78 - still a good return on MHA (malodorous hot air)   Wonder whos making the money off this ponzi looking scheme share price colapse?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Southwark council PCN appeal. Blue Badge.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Except for the crucial fact that the blue badge scheme does not permit blue badges in permit bays so there is absoloutely no need to state on a sign they are not allowed.

Funny then that my LA go to the un-necessary expence of providing addiotional plates beneath the 'Resident Permit Holders Only' ones stating 'No exemption For Disabled Badge holders'. I would of thought that because the word 'Residents' is missing from the sign in the OPs case, would be a similar scenario to a loading sign; 'Goods Vehicles Only' with the word 'Only' missing from it which is not a permitted variant.

On the Southwark website, under "Where blue badge holders can park" it says:

• on yellow lines where there are no loading restrictions for up to three hours, providing the clock card is displayed and you set the time of arrival and your vehicle is not causing an obstruction in the road
  • in pay and display or shared-use (permit holders and pay and display) bays for an unlimited time
  • in designated blue badge bays for an unlimited time (or limited to three or four hours where signed)

I guess greenandmean is right in relation to the Southwark blue badge parking rules and sailor sam is right in relation to the wording of the contravention "Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place"? Can it be argued from both?

Thousands upon thousands of PCNs get issued in permit bays each year using the wording 'resident bay' and have been to the adjudicator. If you think you are going to get the PCN cancelled where hundreds of others have failed feel free to try. You have a solid appeal you didn't display an invalid permit if you water it down with other side issues you will get a long letter in return waffling along about all the issues they are correct on and side stepping the issue about the wrong contravention. If you got a 19 you case is water tight you didn't display an invalid anything so you have no charge to pay. You did park without displaying but the haven't accused you of that but its their tough luck not training staff properly.

PCN challenge submitted.

On the day in question I parked my vehicle in the 'permit holders' bay as alledged whilst taking the badge holder for a day out. In Wandsworth were I live as in most London boroughs blue badges are permitted to be used without a time limit. I therefore displayed the blue badge without clock which is only required were there is a time limit.

I returned to the vehicle to find a PCN had been issued for an invalid permit or pay and display ticket. I displayed neither a permit or pay and display ticket at any time therefore the contravention did not take place. The law clearly states that the PCN must state the grounds on which the PCN is issued, please could you either confirm details of the 'invalid permit or ticket' displayed or cancel the PCN.

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your input.

This is not always the case. In my area BB holders can park in resident bays for as long as they wish. Whether blue badge holders can do so in Southwark all depends on whether the traffic order is drafted in a manner that make the resident bays subject to the disabled exemption regs.

Pfozz...see regs 7,8,9 to see if you think the bays may be subject.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/683/contents/made

That is always the case the blue badge scheme does not allow them to park in permit bays unless you can point to the legislation or guidance that says they can? Locally the Council can decide to let them park in permit bays, car parks or anywhere else free but that has nothing to do with the running of the scheme itself and doesn't require any signage saying they are exempt or not exempt.

I pointed to the legislation that says they can if certain conditions exist, whether those conditions exist in this case I can't say without access to the full traffic order. The Blue Badge Scheme booklet has no statutory authority and is not reliable. For example, it says BB holders can't park in Loading Bays but Stephen Sauvain Q.C. amongst others, reached the conclusion that they can lawfully do so since a Loading Bay falls under reg 8 linked above. This chap is supposed to be the country's leading traffic law barrister so I suppose his legal opinion carries more weight than yours or mine.

It can be.

A resident permit bay is a designated parking place created under the provisions of s.45 RTRA 1984. Section 46 RTRA 1984 then enables regulation of the bay and the prescribed charges. As the bay is created by order of s.45 and s.46 RTRA 1984 then regulation 7, 8, and 9 linked above can apply if the conditions for them to do so are met.

If those conditions are met then a council has a statutory duty to allow BB holder's to park accordingly.

This applies even where a bay is not a designated parking bay but regulated by order under s.35 RTRA 1984(or s.6 for London). Hence why Loading Only bays fall under the umbrella of the disabled regs.

• 1 month later...

I have not heard anything from Southward since I submitted my challenge on 18th Feb. I just checked the status of the PCN on the southwark website and it says 'case closed'. I am presuming this means they have dropped it?! If so, I think I've been lucky, but there again Southwark were careless. Many thanks to everyone for your advice. This is a great forum and I've certainly learned a lot from you.

...pity we don't know why they dropped it. I wonder if they will now change the signage....

True. There is nothing on the web site. I will let you know if I get anything in writing. However, I did only challenge on the grounds of incorrect contravention (see above):

...I returned to the vehicle to find a PCN had been issued for an invalid permit or pay and display ticket. I displayed neither a permit or pay and display ticket at any time therefore the contravention did not take place. The law clearly states that the PCN must state the grounds on which the PCN is issued, please could you either confirm details of the 'invalid permit or ticket' displayed or cancel the PCN.

Recieved a letter confirming they are dropping the case. It doesn't go into any more detail as to why though. See attached scan.

untitled.jpg

Thanks everyone for all your help with this.

• dx100uk changed the title to Southwark council PCN appeal. Blue Badge.