Angry & confused! please help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I'd be really grateful I'd someone could help me out with this. I'd had problems with Sky in the past and thought it was all over when I joined Virgin 2 years ago.

I've been on the Broadband, landline and telephone (evening and weekend calls) package for most of the past 12 months. I'd noticed our bills (paper) were gradually rising, from the £40 or so pounds per month, up to over £75 last month. I queried this and they told me it was for out of hours calls. I didn't agree with the amount but nevertheless accepted it...I really didn't need the hassle of complianing and so on.

However, yesterday I received an e-mail bill from Virgin. It said:

"your Virgin bill..blah..blah..will be deducted from your account on such and such a day...Don't worry there's nothing I need to do. Just make sure the total of £306.27 is available [or something like that]".

£306.27!!!! Surely, I thought, this is a typing error, and it was meant to say £36.27?

Today, I called Virgin CS to query the mistake, and they told me there was no mistake and the bill was for this months package charge plus telephone calls eminating from August of 2010. I said that this is wrong, and the calls are inclusive. And, any out of hours call charges are placed in the monthly bill: hence the package deals.

The woman says, this is the case yes, but we are allowed to withhold bills for six months and put them into one bill.

Is anyone else thinking I'm being duped here, or is it just me? I was assured that the package included calls evening and weekend, and other calls e.g. 0845 numbers and mobiles are included in the monthly bill too. Hence, the reason for bills getting larger every month. I get online billing and as it's a package deal, I don't receive an itemised bill. I'm absolutely disgusted and feel exploited, hoodwinked, and calously ripped off. I'm a very light user of the phone in any case and make sure to only use the phone at weekends and the evening. I've probably made two or three calls to a mobile in the last 12 months. Surely this can't be right?

The woman at Virgin was keen to underline/highlight the fact that they ARE ALLOWED to do this.

I'm not so sure. There's no way I can meet the bill and so will be definately cut off in a few days and then I'll have no way to sort this out. Even if I was owing this money, I can't see how they'd basically leave it six months before informing me. I was assured by the sales guy that I'd be better off upgrading to this package, and for an extra fiver a month would work out cheaper over the course of time.

PLEASE HELP ME. This has got to be stealing AND Miss-selling of a package service isn't it?

I'm so angry and frustrated. I need the phone so much, because my daghter is very ill with anorexia nervosa and liver damage, and resides 6/7 days a week at hospital. I'll be totally lost without the phone, if something happens.

Thanks in advance of any replies.

Craig

Hi cp

You can do several things, write a Formal Letter of Complaint to the MD of Virgin. Explain whats happened and what you've been told. What needs to happen to sort the matter. Send it Recorded. Don't bother ringing Customer Services they are designed to fustrate.

Also theres further info here http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/billing/

Cheers for your help Rebel11. I'm in the process of writing them a letter now. I've been reading the link you've supplied and also trawled through their Code of Practice and other stuff. I'm so dismayed about this, and I really think the women I originally spoke to knows this practice is wrong.

I definately agree with you when you say that CS are designed to frustrate, I thinks that's all they do.

Thanks again, I'll update when I get more news.