• Tweets

• The National Police Chiefs' Council's policy on speeding enforcement suggest that speeds of 35mph or above in a 20mph area should be dealt with by way of court action. All forces in England & Wales usually follow those guidelines so it is more than likely your matter will be dealt with under the "Singe Justice Procedure."   Magistrates' guidelines for that speed suggest a fine of a week's net income (reduced by a third if you plead guilty) together with either a ban of up to 28 days or 4 to 6 points. Points are far more likely. That band of seriousness covers 31 to 40mph so you can expect six points or, if you're lucky, five. You will also pay £85 prosecution costs and a "Victim Surcharge" of 10% of the fine (minimum £34).   The police have six months from the date of the offence to bring proceedings and in many areas take all of that so you may not hear anything until next May. The first notification you get will be a "Singe Justice Procedure Notice". You cannot attend a Single Justice hearing but you will not have to attend court unless either you particularly want to or the Single Justice is considering disqualification (Single Justices will not disqualify you without giving you an opportunity to attend a court hearing). In either of those circumstances the matter will be adjourned and listed for a normal court hearing.
    • He's apparently closing all his pubs in Wales apart from 8 as Drakeford has banned them from selling alcohol, and some in the Chapel set want him to ban all alcohol sales ina USA style prohibition.
    • Well I have no idea whats actually happening regarding the Brexit negotiations, but I cant see any substantial meal deal occurring as Johnson is planning on not only bringing back the highly reported international agreement and law breaking legislation back next week - but also adding some more agreement trashing legislation (Taxation (Post Transition Period) Bill)   https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-legislation/britain-to-press-ahead-with-brexit-treaty-breaking-laws-next-week-idUKKBN28D1KB https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cdp-2020-0164/ https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/w-004-6057?contextData=(sc.Default)&transitionType=Default&firstPage=true     Its 'interesting that many companies are planning on cutting/pausing supplies to NI, not only because they have no idea whatsoever what the UK mechanisms are going to be, but most are (of course) international companies and so unlike the Johnson Government, will be loath to break international agreements.   https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/03/four-in-10-uk-food-firms-to-cut-supplies-to-northern-ireland-poll-brexit     Of course, theres also the 'other side of the world' trading group - but as well as being thousands of miles away, they also have rules and wont take kindly to agreement breakers   https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/what-trans-pacific-partnership-tpp   https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/new-rcep-free-trade-agreement-rules-of-origin-to-boost-finishing-of-products-investment-into-cambodia-laos-myanmar/   and who gains most from that 'thousands of miles away agreement? - as we already know with the UK-Japan deal .. https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2020/11/21/who-gains-from-rcep-asias-new-trade-pact    
    • Brilliant thank you. So if I pay £2000 on credit card and the remaining 18k via BACs, I'm protected for the full 36k of the invoice price (16k part ex, 2k credit card and 18k bacs) is what I'm reading ?
    • Share price in scotch egg companies doubles as Witheredspoons orders thousands of 'substantial meal' scotch eggs to serve alongside their microwave curries that don't meet the requirements ...
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3583 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello im new here. i sent a letter to bct recorded del and kept a copy 26th october 2010 stating i was vt the agreement. i explained the car was in storage and they had 7 days to collect the car before it would begin to incur charges at £20 per day as i had no tax on the vehicle or insurance. i had a letter acknowledging my letter i had sent that contained a price list for damage/dents/scratches and a letter to sign and return abot a collection charge or if i was taking to the car to the auction site in leeds(yorkshire). around 70 miles away. (i live in warrington cheshire.) i sent a letter back recorded saying they could not charge me collection fee and it was in resonable condition for a 2002 car. (52 plate). i heard nothing back until 18th january 2011 saying they could not collect the car now as there were storage charges. i rang and asked why they hadnt collected the car within the 7 days and they said they didnt recieve the letter until 18th nov2010. i know this is a lie. i will get the date, time and name the 1st letter was signed for later. (from royal mail) i have recieved a letter of termination today saying the total arreas of £500+ and outstanding balance of £1,660+. i had already vtd the agrrement in october 2010 so can i have advice as to where i stand please. sorry for adding to this thread, i dont know how to start 1!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello im new here. i sent a letter to bct recorded del and kept a copy 26th october 2010 stating i was vt the agreement. i explained the car was in storage and they had 7 days to collect the car before it would begin to incur charges at £20 per day as i had no tax on the vehicle or insurance. i had a letter acknowledging my letter i had sent that contained a price list for damage/dents/scratches and a letter to sign and return abot a collection charge or if i was taking to the car to the auction site in leeds around 70 miles away. (i live in warrington cheshire.) i sent a letter back recorded saying they could not charge me collection fee and it was in resonable condition for a 2002 car. (52 plate). i heard nothing back until 18th january 2011 saying they could not collect the car now as there were storage charges. i rang and asked why they hadnt collected the car within the 7 days and they said they didnt recieve the letter until 18th nov2010. i know this is a lie. i will get the date, time and name the 1st letter was signed for later. (from royal mail) i have recieved a letter of termination today saying the total arreas of £500+ and outstanding balance of £1,660+. i had already vtd the agrrement in october 2010 so can i have advice as to where i stand please. :-x

Get the date of delivery from royal mail track and trace. Send a letter demanding the storage charges. Tell them you followed the correct procedure and they have 7 days to collect and pay the amount in full. Tell them to ensure no adverse entries have been placed on your credit file and If they do not comply you will have no choice but to issue proceedings.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀