Cancellation Of Thompson Holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a holiday with them for July this year and have paid my full deposit of £375.00, my remainding balance is due to be paid by the 20 April 2006. But i've just found out i'm pregnant and if i was to go on this holiday on returning i would be 27wks, due to the fact my last pregnancy arrival was premature i am really scared about going.

Also, yesterday i received a letter from them stating they have changed the flight times which are not very good and any problems please ring.

Do you think if i cancelled i could get my deposit back or not???

Your help is much appreciated

I booked a holiday with them for July this year and have paid my full deposit of £375.00, my remainding balance is due to be paid by the 20 April 2006. But i've just found out i'm pregnant and if i was to go on this holiday on returning i would be 27wks, due to the fact my last pregnancy arrival was premature i am really scared about going.

Also, yesterday i received a letter from them stating they have changed the flight times which are not very good and any problems please ring.

There are rules about flights and pregnancy - your travel agent should be able to tell you. However, if you get a letter from your doctor saying that he has concerns about you travelling at that time due to potential complications then you should be able to claim back from the insurance.

The airline regulations are that you can travel up to week 36 of pregnancy provided there have been no complications.

In any event, you shoud always make sure you go to your GP before travelling, and obtain a fitness to fly certificate after 30 weeks, just in case. It can be a simple letter from your GP saying "I have examined Ms X today and there is no contra-indication to her flying on xxx date."

In your case, you need to get your GP to write that because of relevant previous medical history, he doesn't recommend air travel etc... and submit a claim to your travel insurance company for cancellation. There is an excess which varies from policy to policy.

The airline regulations are that you can travel up to week 36 of pregnancy provided there have been no complications.

You really need to check with your travel agent or with Thomsons if you booked with them direct as some airlines won't carry passengers that are 28 weeks pregnant.

No offence, but that's quite irrelevant, OP has stated she'll be 27 weeks on return, so 28 wks limit on some airlines won't apply.

I only stated the airline regulations (quite different from each airline policy) so that OP knows what are the limits as regards to insurance. If she doesn't get medical backup, the insurance is likely to use the 36 weeks cut-off period. This is not a guess, incidentally.

I had the same thing happen with my flights. This is a change of your terms and conditions, and you should be entitled to a full refund of your deposit. You may have to speak to Customer Relations to get it.

Don't tell them you are pregnant. Just say that the new flight times make it difficult for you to be dropped off/picked up!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks