DLC continue to send annual statement for Shell Card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A year or so ago I received a letter from the clowns at DLC about a Shell Card debt that one of their companies had seemingly purchased. I wrote to them advising that I knew nothing about the debt adding that, to my knowledge, I had never had a Shell Card, I heard no more.

Last month I received an "annual statement" regarding this so called account, should I remind them that I don't acknowledge this debt, or just ignore?

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a further letter from these muppets advising me that they have been trying to contact me [no they haven't] and I am about to go onto their debt surveillance programme, this will involve frequent visits from their [undercover?] agents and an examination of my financial affairs. Now I realise this is just a template and a scare tactic but it is beginning to hack me off, which I assume is the object of the excercise, but given I have already written to them and advised this company, in their various guises, that I know nothing about their fcuking seaShell card are they pushing their luck to try and check my affairs?

Whilst I agree that I having advised them that I don't know anything about this account that I should probably continue to ignore any further correspondence, as they have ignored my letter, I feel like writing to them and reminding them that I wrote to them denying this account is mine, and nothing has changed and continuing to send letters demanding I pay them will suddenly make this debt mine, what do you think?

They have said that if I would like to send them an SMS message they will call me back, now that is tempting, I could get a cheapo sim card for a quid and let them rack up their International Call Charges.

Edited by theoldgit
typo