Vauxhall Meriva Breeze Cam Bolt Re-call

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

as you can probably tell, I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't even figure out how to post!

Here goes. Last week I recieved a letter from Vauxhall say my car had been recalled to check the cam shaft bolts. I made an appointment and took the car.

They rang back a few hours later and told me they had found a problem with the starter motor. Total cost £201.16. Am I just being cynical or could they be making work (and money) for themselves? Would be interested to know if anyone else has taken their Vauxhall in on a re-call and ended up shelling out.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG

Now that you have posted on the forum, I will go delete your post in the blogs section

Hopefully one of the guys will pop along soon

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Short answer is no. What you need to be clear about is that this is not a recall as read about and interpreted by the press. It is not initiated in conjunction any official Government body who direct it should happen or suggest it should happen. It's been instigated by Vauxhall/GM themselves and is usually termed as a quality campaign. How this is interpreted by an individual though is their choice. There are many manufactuer instigated "recalls" on the go at any one time. In fact I issued one only a few months ago to fix a problem that could occur within a set range of VIN numbers. Funnily enough we had a letter back a couple of weeks ago from a customer who told us he had ignored the letter and the car did exactly what we said it would do and congratulated us for getting in early and berrated himself for ignoring it.

When you take the car in for the "quality enhancement campaign" (as BMW have traditionally called them:lol: ) they have to verify that the car needs it, there is no evidence at that point in time of an issue of potential consequential damage and then do the modification.

That is all the manufactuer will pay for. However, as you will find, main dealers are always searching for additional work and selling opportunites, as do no franchised operations, which they are entitled to do so often take the opportunity to look at other things.

All you have to do is ask why they say it's needed and then thank them for their opinion and for pointing it out.