Yorkshire Bank Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks BB, late night decorating and going through those statements. Ok, excuse my ignorance, what is an IBA, ???? secondly, should I write to Yorkshire Bank and say you have not fulfilled the SAR as I wanted copies of the letters I sent when in dispute.

Also when those bad-boys Marlins come knocking tell them I am only going to pay there amount less £255.00 which is the charges Yorkshire Bank put on. (less the £100 refund) I wanted the whole lot refunded. Mind you at the moment this is by and by as with my calculations just reaching the £680.00 I estimate I owe will take me 34 years and that will make the old hippy 88 hmmmmmm

The original fox amongst the chickens here BB was Marlins wanting more dosh per month and asking for all details etc etc..... I am not disputing I owe £680 but at present me and ex can only afford £1.00 each..... Like yourself I detest the way they have ideas of powers that they can demand this and that. My West Highland Terrier has more authority to look at my wage slip and bank statements..... I am going to send them an IE and that's all, if they want to pursue let the Judge decide, he can view my IE my wage slips and Bank accounts..... The way things are heading with the public services they will be lucky to get a £1.00

I await yours and any others comments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IBA should have read LBA (letter before action)

Again if you specifically requested those documents in your initial SAR and they have not been sent and no explanation was given as to why they weren't in the pack, then yes defo inform them that they have a further 14 days in which to comply fully with your SAR, or give you confirmation that that is ALL of the info they have regarding your account and the relationship between you and them, otherwise, you will lodge a formal complaint to the ICO to investigate.

Your Westie will have more understanding of that information than they ever will! You can only realistically pay them back, what YOU can comfortably aford each month, it matters not one iota if they agree or disagree, that is what they will get end of, as regard to the info they foolishly think they can ask for, not only are they punching way above their weight, but you can use I&E forms to your advantage, you can either make them as basic, or as complicated as you like, they never understand what is in front of them, as most of their parents are out at work, it's just the kids playing with mummies computer!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...

Hi Guy's

It's the old hippy here, just had two of my debts purchased by Cabot,,, the one is the biggest of my debts £14,000 and a 1993

credit card all issued by Yorkshire Bank.

I have written to them to say NO CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES at present, I will only pay by Standing Order and do your worst basically.

What I need is there Standing Order details please guy's and girls..

Regards

Hippy

Just a quick question on the overdraft charges,,, I had a YB overdraft which was sold to Marlins, I SAR YB and have found £300 of overdraft charges mainly at the end of my time with them as there was a dispute over changing my joint account to a single named account. Was going to take it to FOS but decided against as I had so much going on at the time. YB refunded a £100 of these charges. Now Marlins are accepting my token payments I have not told them about the disputed £200 as I am no where near clearing the £850 Over draft. Should I wait till they get heavy or if I ever come into some money offer a Full and Final pointing out the Charges.??

no you payback what YOU spent - deduct the charges.

then stop

if they wanna go to court for the fees, i'd be very surprised.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Had a strange letter on Friday regarding my dispute with YB from Marlins... very spooky,,, I have e-mailed them back to tell them I am deducting £250 off there demand. ( simples ) but as I'm no where near paying the amount off yet, I'm not that bothered.

marlins_request_info (1).pdf

Hi Hippy,

weird is it not, contact with any resolve, look like

someone at Marlin has lost their marbles:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

yep sure doe's Brig,,, maybe they were thinking of making my Bankrupt but if you take the £250 off it's under the £750 thresh hold... maybe that's what there up too.

Told them no changes and a long way to go to the £633 I owe them...

Hi Hippy, they bu**ger about until the BR threshold rises, perhaps

then we'll see and end to the stupid threats of BR for small amount, they'll

have a hell of job making up charges to get to a 20K threshold:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yo Brig,,, I would not put it past them though...

I have got concerns on me biggest debt though, £13,499 YB loan now purchased by Cabot,,,,, had letters last week saying it's sold.. here we go.

How are yo going to handle Crapbot, the usual route?

How old is it,any charges and PPI?

Not much charges on it and it was a 2008 loan No PPI .... hmmmmmm just see what happens really.... Can only give them what I got Brig...... and that aint much mate.... If they make me BR then I will walk em down myself to the county court... even loan the money for a coffee for em...

Yep blood out of stones is still an im****abolity, so they can go forth, Hippy mate

I wish you luck:madgrin:

Thanks Brig,,,, Had a laugh of a letter today from Marlins, they asked me how my dispute went with YB, I replied had SAR and only owed them £633, they now send me a we will accept it as full and final, they are jokers if I can't pay that by the 28th August 2011 fill in our three page dossier, which has more personal information than required to join MI5,,,ha ha ha,, told them nothings changed, worse even with food and utility rises and they know my answer from before,, NO PERSONAL INFO ACCEPT IF ORDERED BY DISTRICT JUDGE so go forth and multiply,,,, but out of courtesy sent them a court income and outgoings...

Cheeky buggers wanted house value,,, spouses income and outgoings occupation etc etc... what a load of chancers... but my last line was the most satisfying, told them as is true that job on the line and I don't want to hear from them till six months have elapsed or my situation changes then they will be hearing from the official receiver... yo...

Hi Hippy what really gets to me is all that crap for £633, it must

be costing a fortune in admin cost, be a damn sit easier if they

just sat back a accepted £5-10 a month.

Shame you can get an F&F lower and make it over a shorter period

of 3-4 payments.

Brig.

Well told those muppets marlins about the charges and they sent me a letter today saying they agreed only if I paid the amount less charges in full by August 28th... ( MUPPETS come to mind ) will keep that letter if ever I get to pay those bad boys back...

Yep and also if I could not pay it back by 28th August 2011, here is a three page in depth questionnaire as to HAPPY HIPPY I mean short of time of birth there is every question you can imagine...

Will these numbskull's ever learn,,, they send it out every six months same thing... Hippy sends back same reply,,, Confidential Information not your business but out of courtesy here is a court orientated I&E form.. if my circumstances improve,,, you will get more... (simples)

I think I will set up me own DCA business from home,,, get me licence and be an ethical DCA.... probably end up starving as I would be such an easy push over. Mind you, how many people are in debt today in this country. If I just collected £1.00 a month whow.... good income...

Yo Brig

You will never believe it,, letter through the post this morning,, damn these bad boys are quick. Thanking me for me e-mail and yes they are happy to accept me £2.00 still and have noted my comments revised the amount owed by £250 which now puts me under the BR range for them... Also wished me well !!!!!! and if anything changes give em a call !!!!!!!!!! hughhhh man they must be trolling this site and have clicked its me because this is too easy Brig,,,, I did mention that it could be the Official Receiver they heard from next not Hippy... must have scared the pants off em..

Mind you,, YB say I owed £883.00 it was £933 but they deducted £100 as a goodwill gesture,,, but it still left £250 in charges for there incompetence, would Marlins have brought that as the ~£833 figure or thinking hey ho hey ho this has charges on bought at £633 ???????????? and if so how much do you think these bad boys paid for that debt ???? some say it ranges from 4p in the pound to 15p in the pound so lets say those mongrels bought it at £883 at 15p thats £124.00 hmmmmmmmmmm interesting as I have already paid off £24.00 so I know where if I can aim a FF......