Where can I find legal advice regarding tuition fees/student loans?

NeverGoToSHU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I began a full time PGCE at Sheffield Hallam Uni in Sept 2010 but was forced to withdraw in October. I had several issues about the course that fell on deaf ears a number of times and was forced into deferring because it was clear they would not be resolved. I was advised (wrongly) by a member of staff that I could defer to the following year, who then withdrew the statement once I had left.

I have since been ordered to pay tuition fees, and repay all loans/grants for my time on the course and have been threatened with recovery action by both the university finance department and the SLC.

I have lodged a formal complaint with the university but they are dragging their heels about resolving the issue and have not been in touch since before Christmas.

I feel that it is totally unacceptable to be expected to pay the £2500 in total that they are asking for when I would still have been a student and well on my way to gaining the qualification I needed had the university not made a total mess of things.

Where do I go for advice in such matters? Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Angry SHU student!