Help!!

ellisn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got into a massive mess with Credit Cards so much so that due to the unlawful charges I had to sell my house this year to pay them off - I had four in total a credit limit altogether of £2,000.00 but ended up paying back nearly £4k, just due to charges. I know that there are a lot of people out there in the same situation and this site is really useful. I am currently dealing with NatWest claiming back my charges but have decided that the CC companies are not going to get away with it either. I had Halifax, Capital One, Citi and Monument, but only problem is I paid them all off in February this year.

Does anyone have any idea of how to get the Capital One account number (or any of the others) that I held, I have checked all my stuff and seem to have thrown everything away after the move - convinced that I would never need it again or want to go and use another credit card again in my life.

N ELLIS

hi write to the credit card companies involved, provide evidence of who you are the then have to give you all the information you require. If you follow the FAQ this will guide you through the whole process to recover YOUR money!:D

goood luck if i have helped please click my scales!!!

dont know if it helps but when we moved we had to pay off cap one as part of the mortgage deal, therefore our solicitor had details of the account number. I just phoned him and asked him nicely if he would provide it to me which he did after about half an hour

Hi Ellisn.

I would personally go and ask for your credit reference files from EXPERIAN and EQUIFAX. They are online and cost £2.00 each to have them sent to you. This will enable you to get all of the information you need. Also you can see if you have been DEFAULTED on the cards whilst running up those charges.

If you have been Defaulted by the card companies because of charges putting you in that position, you should be able to have the defaults removed.But this is quite a long process.Please read this site and FAQ'S over and over again.This site is like a good book, but always check through things thoroughly yourself.

Hope this answers your question.

Good Hunting Ukaviator. . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks guys, I have read, read and reread the FAQs so much so that I am dreaming them, I just see everyone doing court claim forms and it scares the life out of me, I like to think that I am an intellegent person but this all seems like a lot. But I am doing it, so that I can show my friends (sceptics at the moment) just how easy it is to beat the banks and credit card companies at their own game and hopefully win.

So thanks again for all your advice,

Nikki

N ELLIS

Thanks guys, I have read, read and reread the FAQs so much so that I am dreaming them, I just see everyone doing court claim forms and it scares the life out of me, I like to think that I am an intellegent person but this all seems like a lot. But I am doing it, so that I can show my friends (sceptics at the moment) just how easy it is to beat the banks and credit card companies at their own game and hopefully win.

So thanks again for all your advice,

Nikki

good it does seem daunting but really its not especially with all this help here.:D :D good luck nikki

Hi Nikki.

Don't worry too much about the Court side. They seem to always back down.

I heard yesterday off the record with a girl at Lloydstsb is that they will only pay out when a court claim is issued. They are hoping people get scared at that thought and back down.You may have to go through the motions, but at the end of the day the charges are unlawful. Keep reading this site over and over again. I am still learning everyday, and i have 7 claims on going. Mortgage redemption penalties are 2 of them. The thing you need to realise is that you should always be prepared to go the full distance. Have a defence ready in case they take you on. You never know. Help is here and there is also a buddy system here to help you if needed. You can live chat if you have an important question. Always check the information for yourself though. And if you win, a donation to keep this site going. People power rules. The peasants are revolting

they said in the old days. Dawn right we are.

Good luck with the claims.

Go Get Em. . . Ukaviator..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

U guys are great and all I can say is thanks again for all your advice, I have wrote to all the credit card companies - preliminary just to get my account numbers etc then once this has been recieved I can start on sending off SAR and getting copies of all my statements- the postie will love me!

Natwest have sent back a bog off letter and I am just doing my LBA and sending that off today which I expect to get back another bog off letter, but your right I would have thought most CC companies and Banks have been told to delay as much as they can in the attempt that people will give up, but after reading lots and lots of threads I know that there is plenty of people out there that can give me advice.

Deffo be contributing donation on every claim that I win, and will be spreading the word religiously.

Thanks again

Nikki