ESA, DLA and Euthanasia

FitzWilliam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just chanced on this recent Freedom of Information request sent to the DWP on 24 January 2011, which I think is worth sharing.

Euthanasia options for those who are removed off of DLA/ESA

Dear Department for Work and Pensions,

With your department aiming to remove the benefits from 25% of DLA claimants, and deem 91% of ESA claimants as fit for work, please could you inform me what provisions have been made for those disabled and sick people to choose a quick and painless death in preference to slow and painful death by starvation, neglect or homelessness.

Are there any future plans for ATOS to issue suicide kits to those who ATOS deem ineligible for disability kits?

Also, please provide the official government estimates of how many genuinely sick and disabled people will commit suicide, or die through neglect, starvation or homelessness due to having their benefits removed, and how much money will these deaths save the country?

Yours faithfully,

Stuart Wyatt

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/euthanasia_options_for_those_who#comment-15816

Initially I ****ed myself laughing at that. And then it dawned on me, sat in a warm puddle, that such situations are indeed being pushed on vulnerable people who are already depressed may actually feel that their future is really that limited. What do we need to ensure that the departments answer gets suitable publicity?

Its the bit on the phone call when he asks about the euthanasia kits and is told "I think you have come through to the wrong department"....

....you mean there is a "right department"? that's even scarier!