Car Uplifted from (Home Zone) Edinburgh Scotland £180 recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I am hoping I can receive some information as to whether it is worth my appealing against my car being up lifted from a "home zone" in edinburgh on saturday morning.

I basically parked in an area of private bays (no permit required) sadly there was no bays and the surrounding region is all double yellow lined. I therefore noted another resident had parked up on a raised area, this an area which did not impede access or egress for any emergency services, or pedestrians, else I would not have done so, also as I said I noted previously on prior occasions people had parked there , incidentally when I went out at 3.55pm there was a car where mine used to be ..

Upon leaving my friends home at 3.55pm I noted my car had gone, I noted it to the police and they stated it had been uplifted at 7.55 am that morning.

I duly collected my car form the pound at a cost of 180 pounds, and collected an appeal form. the ticket issued stated it had been

01 : Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours.

Now there were no signs to say you could not park on this area, nor were there any other spaces around.

below are the images of the area, and the specific spot where my car was.

Oh one other thing is that the car colour stated on the ticket issued , was for a blue car when mine is actually green...

46eab0d2eb.jpg

9af5495d59.jpg

a3a86214f0.jpg

1f2d3b227d.jpg

So that is all the images I have , I did note a very disheveled notice on a lamp post which was both out of sight and ery damaged . I think I had a picture of it somewhere but cat see it, ie there was no signs saying i could not park there, and this is in an area completely out of the city ,. although the surrounding couple of miles is all double yellow lines...the most ironic thing being, another car was in my spot when I noticed mine had gone...

any help or advice you guys can offer would really be appreciated,..

BOS CASE 1 SETTLED IN FULL £1895 June 07

BOS CASE 2 IN PROGRESS *

knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence, this is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow!