• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

TLCX -v- Ashbourne Management

TLCX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi if it helps i am going through a similar situation, same pressurised sales tactics and the lady who did my induction said if i was to move away as i had explained i maybe then i could cancel no probs, the reason i am trying to cancel is 1: my husband was made redundant just before xmas and 2: i have issues with the gym itself being poorly equipped and at some points during the world cup in the summer was unmanned and therefore i felt unsafe as a few ladies had come off faulty treadmills in there, all of a sudden they went from a brisk walk to a full sprint without prior warning!

I am about to send a letter stating my findings on here, i wonder if anyone has a template letter? as these have been of much value in the past.

Good luck and keep your chin up knowledge is power and we are now empowered...lets give it to them!!! Ashbourne Management you stink!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i sent a letter to Ashbourne stating i think they are behaving unreasonably etc, however a couple of days after posting i received a letter from ARC Europe Ltd credit management :| stating they were now in charge of the "bad debt" demanding £543.00 or risk it going to court?

Shall i write to them stating the account is in dispute?

Advise please :-x

Hi TLCX,

I have moved your posts from Rosie's thread ......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291124-Ashbourne-management&p=3266219&viewfull=1#post3266219

...... into your own new thread here which you can use from now on.

I suggest you use some of the letter I drafted on Rosie's thread here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291124-Ashbourne-management&p=3272444&viewfull=1#post3272444

The last 4 para's can be used to tell ARC that the alleged debt is in dispute and they must refrain from demanding payments or you'll report them to the relevant authorities.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi TLCX - no probs ! :oops:

I wasn't using the word "Hijacking" in an accusatory way. It just helps if we keep threads separate.

You're welcome to discuss matters on other threads but it's best to have your own thread to ask Q's and get advice.

Get a letter off to Ashbourne as per advice in my post #4 above.

8-)

• Confused 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there just an update and maybe some more advise? I sent a letter to AM and also to ARC to which i received a reply from ARC stating they were refering me back to Ashbourne as i asked both of them not to contact me again, since then i have had a letter from AM a standard one asking for me to settle the £543 also i have had several phone calls all to which i object to. Is there any news on AM of late?, shall i send a further letter asking for them to stop pestering me as i have made myself clear saying the account is in dispute.

Thanks for your support guys :???:

Hi TLCX,

The case against Ashbourne brought by the FOS starts this month and we shall be watching with interest.

Drop AM a further brief letter saying:-

I refer you to my letter of xxdate which I thought set out my position perfectly clearly and enclose a copy for ease of reference.

However, in case you are still in any doubt, any further demands from you will be reported to the FOS for formal investigation.

This matter is, and will remain in, clear dispute and you must not make demands for payment.

Also, any phone calls will be treated as harassment and will be reported to the FOS. If you have anything to communicate, please do so in writing.

8-)

• 6 months later...

Hi All :|

I have recently received a letter asking for £159.00 to settle the previous membership.

They were originally asking for 500+ but as the 3yr membership was deemed illegal, they are asking for the remainder of the 1yr membership, as i had cancelled before the 12months as the staff had said i could at the time of me taking it out.

Just need to know what to do? do i bite the bullet and pay or still declare a dispute?

Regards Tracey x

Edited by slick132
moved post from other thread onto your own thread

Hi Tracey - I've moved the above post to your own thread so it's all kept together. Please post here when asking Q's about your case. :wink:

If your contract with Ashbourne was originally for 3 years, it is unenforceable.

You do not have to pay any more towards it as the High Court have ruled on this matter.

Ashbourne continue to try and extract money from folks using the argument that you are still due to pay for the first full year's m/ship. This is RUBBISH !!

You do not have to pay any more and should continue to dispute ALL demands that Ashbourne make.

Watch this thread, similar to your own, for advice - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?300801-Another-Ashbourne-epic-am-I-handling-it-right&p=3560486&viewfull=1#post3560486

:-)

Hi TLCX,

Further to my last post, I have this morning spoken to the OFT and made them aware of the continued disregard shown by AMSL for the High Court ruling, in your case and others here on CAG.

Because of the Enforcement Order made by the High Court in August, the OFT can review the cases we have here to see if AMSL have, in fact, acted improperly in pursuing individuals whose contracts are deemed unenforceable.

Senior staff may gather info from you and others here on CAG in the form of witness statements to enable them to consider if further action against AMSL is appropriate.

They may want certain details from you and copy documents and letters so they can consider these cases, although they will not be able to intervene in individual cases.

We hope that, by individuals providing the OFT with whatever info they require, the OFT may then be able to take action against AMSL if it is deemed appropriate.

I will send you contact details by PM later. Please use them to contact the OFT direct.

I hope this may a real step towards kerbing AMSL's aggressive tactics and (what I consider to be) blatant disregard for the High Court.

Edited by slick132
Change re what the OFT can do for individuals

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tracey,

Please let us know if you're willing to co-operate with the OFT in reviewing whether further enforcement action should be taken against AMSL.

:wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just received letter from Ashbourne dated 27th October saying;

"Dear Member we refer to our previous correspondence and have still not received any payment from you.

Your account not only remains in arrears but the balance of the minimum term is now also due, we now reserve the right to instruct our solicitor to issue recovery action against you,the consequences of this could be severe.

However if you pay £159.00 within the next 7 days including a discount for early payment, this action will no longer be necessary and you can use the fascilities for the balance of the minimum term of your agreement".

Then it goes on to say how you can pay followed by;

"We strongly recommend that you arrange to pay this immediately as this may be your last chance to avoid further action"

Im just sick of this despite the high court action they still keep trying to extort money from us :-x:-x:-x

I will keep all my letters,also they keep ringing me but i do not answer the calls!

Advice please xTx

Hi Tracey,

If you want to bring this to the direct attention of OFT senior staff, let me know and I will give you the necessary contact info by PM. The OFT were keen to receive anything that shows AMSL continuing to seek payments when they should not.

If you speak to the OFT contact, they may want copies of the continuing demands from AMSL as per my comments in post #11 above. They can use such evidence to see if further action should be taken against AMSL.

Once you have contacted the OFT, you can then simply drop AMSL a line saying :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your continued demands for payment in respect of my 3 year membership contract, which has been ruled as unfair by the High Court.

I have been in touch with the OFT about your business practices and will supply them with copy letters, etc if they require them.

I suggest you make no further demands regarding my membership and close your file.

Any further contact from you may be passed onto the OFT.

Yours faithfully,

Hi Tracey,

Details will be sent by PM shortly.

Please let us know if you hear more from AMSL.

• 5 months later...

Hi Slick

Could you please re-send info you sent me to get in touch with the OFT i am being hassled yet again, infact it hasnt stopped i tried to ignore it but am being bombarded with letters calls & texts all for £159.00 they allege i owe,even though they have been taken to court.

Regards

TLC x

Hi Tracey,

I assume AMSL are still harassing you for payments, even though you had an unenforceable 36 month contract with them. This must be reported to the OFT so they can investigate.

The contact details will be sent to you by PM in a mo.

Please keep us informed of progress.