Jim Pike -v- Egg PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi MandM

I'm still in same situation as you, EGG have twice said tough you ticked box.

What I can't remember is as my account was opened in Oct 2000 I guess there was a box to be ticked, Or was it a box that was already ticked. This is the bit I am not sure of, also they say that EGG cannot have any input into this screen but on the screen dump that shows a box containing "Accident ,sickness, unemployment" there is also boxes blanked out which one I believe states your credit limit. So I presume that EGG does have access to that page, so if they can access that part of the page it means that they can access any part. follow that?

To put it bluntly, no company builds a web page that they cannot access, and by placing a box for applicants to tick or pre-ticking a box on that screen that needs to be unticked, means that internal intervention when looking at the applicant would determine wether or not EGG decides to put PPI on the account and hope you do not cancel.

Or alternately they then decide that the interest rate would be adjusted if you opt out of PPI.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Three of the points I raised with the FOS were: -

The SAR documentation received from Egg only shows that PPI has been applied not that it was requested. I would also question the validity of the information shown as it shows a Gross Salary of 44000.00, (correct at the time) but a Net Monthly Salary of 34000.00 ?

From the information received there was no where when accessing their site via the Internet initially, could I have requested PPI .

I would also question their statement in their correspondence that the field marked 'Payment Protection' cannot be amended by their staff. The data held below the black line are data input fields donated by the fact that they are not greyed out and some have drop down option selection fields.

The points being, their software was suspect, the Net Monthly Salary was computed by their software, the data fields that they were relying on could quite easily have been manipulated and if they have not provided you with a screen shot of a PPI Request box ticked, there wasn't one. So do check the print-outs for other mistakes and any data input fields that are not greyed out are active. I test software for a living so this is part and parcel of my business.

I Won!.

Regards,

Bosun.

Edited by Bosund

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

Hi Jim,

Three of the points I raised with the FOS were: -

The SAR documentation received from Egg only shows that PPI has been applied not that it was requested. I would also question the validity of the information shown as it shows a Gross Salary of 44000.00, (correct at the time) but a Net Monthly Salary of 34000.00 ?

From the information received there was no where when accessing there site via the Internet initially, could I have requested PPI .

I would also question their statement in their correspondence that the field marked 'Payment Protection' cannot be amended by their staff. The data held below the black line are data input fields donated by the fact that they are not greyed out and some have drop down option selection fields.

The points being, their software was suspect, the Net Monthly Salary was computed by their software, the data fields that they were relying on could quite easily have been manipulated and if they have not provided you with a screen shot of a PPI Request box ticked, there wasn't one. So do check the print-outs for other mistakes and any data input fields that are not greyed out are active. I test software for a living so this is part and parcel of my business.

I Won!.

Regards,

Bosun.

Hi Bosund

Well done Glad you won, did you have a good judge? I will look see if i can find your thread.

Yes I fully believe that EGG have control over the online aplication process, probably even moreso in the year 2000.

You have come to the same conclusion as myself regarding the section below the black line, looks like it is for their use only! all other fields there refer to internal stuff.

I will try to put a scan of the bottom part of the screen dump so others know what we refer to.

My application has my disposable income the same as my monthly income, what planet are they on

Jim

Hi All

This is a scan of the screen dump refered to in above post. you will see that most boxes have been blanked out by EGG before sending to me. reason because they are their internal comments, it shows that egg have full access to fill unfill or alter these boxes. What they don't send is a screen shot of the page that supposedly takes you to this page. so still need to know if the yes/no box was preticked in 2000, as the rest of the form is greyed out boxes I would assume that it was preticked waiting for you to untick it

JIM

below black line screen dump.pdf

Hi Jim,

Didn't need to go to court, went to FOS first.

Yep, they are on a seperate planet to the rest of us.

Regards...

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

Hi Bosund

That's good news, can you point me to your thread. (save me searching)

How long did it take from begining to end. Did you get contractual interest, I know from other threads that EGG say they don't charge it on PPI but quite simply the DD is set up for minimum payments or whatever else you choose, so you just leave it at that and the fact that they asked for a minimum of 3% each month means that you pay that. so in effect if you don't clear card every month then the PPI gets added to card balance each month, I argue that if no PPI was attached to the card then I would have still paid the set minimum or whatever was arranged.

but if they had asked for minimum 3% + PPI payment as a monthly payment each month then PPI would have soon been cancelled in most cases.

When you get first statement online or first few PPI is very small amount and not much of a consideration, but as months go by and balance rises the amount soon increases rapidly so cancellation would not really be considered, then as time goes by it gets left on back burner or as in my case you don't log on or can't remember passwords etc you never check statements, and pay by DD so never actually have to physically go to bank to make payment, so it ends up as another one of those damn things that gets taken every month.

Then as years go by you finally decide to contact EGG not easy to do but you persevere and find out that you balance has not changed much in years, that is when you start to really question what the hell is going on.

THEN ITS TOO LATE.

Jim

On my statements Egg def charged interest on the PPI.

In fact, they charge monthly on the O/S balance, plus transactions, plus PPI. THEN they apply 'payments made' so no relief for interest for whatever you may have paid that month - even if a large sum. Next month - same again so O/S balance includes last months PPI and on it goes.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi Jim,

Sorry M&M we seem to be hijacking your thread...

Didn't start a thread, had one going about an intrest rate hike after termination but did not have a comment for about a year so thought, why bother, and went my own way. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?235513-Terminated-Agreement-amp-Interest-Rate-Hike

What I got from Egg was a refund of all PPI, plus associated interest, (their words), + 8% + £200 for distress. So they do charge interest on PPI !

PPI came to about £1500, ended up getting £7000.

Know what you mean, living a life has a tendancy to get in the way of looking at the detail of what is actually happening with regards to credit cards, loans, etc.

Will be starting a thread shortly about MBNA. Had about £2000 in PPI, complained and they coffed up £1900. Went to the FOS but poor souls they are under so much pressure lately that they accepted MBNA's statement that they had paid me interest as well. So off to court seeking about £9000 and although it's with MBNA it may throw up something that you & M&M could use.

Regards,

Bosun.

On my statements Egg def charged interest on the PPI.

In fact, they charge monthly on the O/S balance, plus transactions, plus PPI. THEN they apply 'payments made' so no relief for interest for whatever you may have paid that month - even if a large sum. Next month - same again so O/S balance includes last months PPI and on it goes.

M

Hi MandM

That's interesting as I've not had my sar stuff yet so no statements, will scrutinise when I get them.

As Bosund says sorry for the hijack, but all relevant to the cause I hope. might be another part to the jigsaw.

Jim

All relevant.............a problem shared and all that :-).

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi MandM and Bosund

Yes totally agree we need to keep each other in the picture. I think it's going to be a long battle as they are all tightening up and the laws are changing for their benefit not ours.

Jim

That was a good win for you Bosund hope MandM and myself get that sort of result eventually.

Hi Jim and Bosund.

sorry for the hijack, but all relevant to the cause
Relevant to the CAUSE but not to M&M's CASE !! :oops:

Therefore, posts moved to Jim Pikes new thread which can be used to discuss this case from here onwards.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

No offence intended Bosund.

Just trying to keep separate cases.........separate.

The input is all useful and all still available to those wanting to read.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)