Nasty Neighbour is debt collector and came round for debt to LTSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I have a neighbour who has moved in since 2005 an has been harassing the whole area re parking and other things,and then he got a job as debt collector 2yrs ago , 1yr ago he was verbally warned by the police to stay away from me and my family yet on monday he visited my house infomd me he was working for LTSB and that we owed them £1,200 and he wanted payment I told him that iwas unable to make paymnt as I was on benefits' he said so you wont pay' then' he said it will give me great pleasure to come back with warrant of execution to sieze your goods ' and left.

I have contacted the police i als rang LTSB who said they passed th debt on to robinson way I rang them ttold them they didnt say much then the police rang them and they took a bit more notice and siad we will put a another agent on the case.

Want to know what else i can do ? can they come round with this warrant without Ltsb taking me to court as this has not happend.

Please Help:sad:

No they can't do anything without taking you to court. This person is bang out of order and breaking the OFT guidelines for debt collectors which is linked here. http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I'm moving your thread to the DCA forum where hopefully you'll get some good advice.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Drop the letter into his letterbox, the one that withdraws his right to visit your property.

I wonder if there is an option to complain to the local court that someone is "masquerading" as a Bailiff?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They can't come back with any sort of warrant. To get a warrant it must first go to court and a judgement obtained against you. You then will have 28 days to pay and if you don't, and only then, can they apply for a warrant and they must be a registered bailiff to come to your door. You still don't have to pay them as you don't have to let them in and they cannot break in, they can, however, enter through an open window.

Have you made an arrangement with LTSB ?

Two threads merged.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

While I agree totally with the sentiment of the above, I doubt in reality it will get you anywhere. The OFT complaint is worth pursuing, and it may be worth putting a letter in his letterbox forbidding him from tort of trespass on your land, though this might just antagonise him further. The ICO are unlikely to do anything. Make sure with the OFT that everything is phrased in general terms rather than personal terms, otherwise all you will get is a response saying they don't get involved in individual cases.

My revenge would be to keep a very close eye on what he does, and complain to whoever I could, whenever I could to make his life hell. With a bit of luck he might move then!

Always use standing orders as you are in control that way and they can't help themselves to more than you intend to pay. If you have any DD's now I strongly urge you to cancel them.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Tell them you will pay in pounds

That would be 1b's (Imperial measure of weight - for those who may not know) of dog poo and youll post through the neighbours letterbox :lol:

But don't really do that will you

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Hi,

LTSB are ultimately responsible for the conduct of their representatives.

I would write a very strongly worded letter headed "FORMAL COMPLAINT" direct to LTSB, detailing this persons behaviour.Name him.Emphasise the distress this personal harrassment has caused. Tell them in future you will only deal with this matter in writing and that under no circumstances will you discuss it on the doorstep or by telephone.Conclude by informing them that you will be making a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading, The British Banking Association and The Credit Services Association. Use the info in the attachments below to quote the transgressions under OFT Debt Collection Guidelines and CSA guidelines. Request a copy of their complaints procedure. CC the letter to Robbers Way.

I also attach a copy of the CSA complaints form.

kind regards,

Elsa x

oft-debt-collection-guidelines.pdf

CSA-debt-collection guidance.pdf

CSA-complaint-form.pdf

You could always get your local MP onto the person, sounds like he needs a good kick up the backside, I think these 'doorstep collectors' should be charged with living off immoral earnings, as should bailiffs who overcharge....

Why not report them to the Inland Revenue suggesting they are avoiding paying tax....

What makes you think he's avoiding paying tax SG? I don't think that will serve any useful purpose, although I agree that it might be worth contacting your MP, who I'm sure will have a website so you can find where to email.

well if he works for robbers way, they are a dca and haveno legal powers to do anything to you.

it would be really nice to get him on tape/film stating he can comeback with a warrant on a civil debt!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.