Southern Water Bill CCJ - **SET ASIDE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was slow paying my water bill due to lack of funds and it got as far as a letter dated 7/1/11 coming from the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre giving me 14 days from the date of service to pay said bill before it went to court and a CCJ would be issued. Says on the back of the letter that date of service is 5 days from letter date which means date of service is 12/1/11 and the cutoff point for payment would be 26/1/11. I'm just wondering if the 5 days are inclusive of weekends or not?

As it happens I'm sure I paid the full amount on 25th or 26th as it shows on my bank statement on the 26th. Yesterday we got a mailshot from some company offering to help with our debt due to our CCJ no XXXXXXXXXXX. This confused me and put wind up the wife as I knew I'd paid it! Phoned the water company who checked and agreed that our balance was in fact zero so we were much relieved :D Then this morning we both received letters from the Bulk Centre again showing judgements have been made against us for this bill :( Total amount was £162 but with charges went up to £227(which I paid) and they are now asking for £249! Not sure how to pursue this now as as far as I'm concerned it was paid inside the time and the girl who took the payment said it would be automatically be stopped at the court end by the payment :(

I was slow paying my water bill due to lack of funds and it got as far as a letter dated 7/1/11 coming from the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre giving me 14 days from the date of service to pay said bill before it went to court and a CCJ would be issued. Says on the back of the letter that date of service is 5 days from letter date which means date of service is 12/1/11 and the cutoff point for payment would be 26/1/11. I'm just wondering if the 5 days are inclusive of weekends or not?

As it happens I'm sure I paid the full amount on 25th or 26th as it shows on my bank statement on the 26th. Yesterday we got a mailshot from some company offering to help with our debt due to our CCJ no XXXXXXXXXXX. This confused me and put wind up the wife as I knew I'd paid it! Phoned the water company who checked and agreed that our balance was in fact zero so we were much relieved :D Then this morning we both received letters from the Bulk Centre again showing judgements have been made against us for this bill :( Total amount was £162 but with charges went up to £227(which I paid) and they are now asking for £249! Not sure how to pursue this now as as far as I'm concerned it was paid inside the time and the girl who took the payment said it would be automatically be stopped at the court end by the payment :(

You need to pay the full amount the judgment was for so that this will not appear on your credit file the next 6 years.

Then you can start complaining to try and get money back off the Water Company.

If you do not pay the full amount of the judgment within 28 days of the judgment your credit file will be

trashed for 6 years.

lol dont tell me its from Yorkshire Water? They did the same to me

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

I paid them, I will be sending an n244 soon to see if could get the judgement set aside

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

I got a court date now to get it set aside, Because of it being paid I dont see too much friction if any being created by me and YW as they do not have any interest in my case. Lets see what happens, beats waiting 5 more years

I was told it would cost me £75 to get it set aside!! Sod that! My Credit rating is shot to poo anyway so I'm not too bothered. Spoke to Southern Water and they say it will just disappear once it becomes obvious i paid within the time limit. I have a name and I also have the conversation recorded should things go belly up...

Im working on improving mine so I decided to take the chance. You cant just pay and get it set aside, you are basically having the case re considered which involves all the evidence looked at again and the judge makes a decision.

Not quite what the guy at Southern water told me!!!! He said it was just a cross over of dates and would get sorted! Even if it won't get sorted that way I'm not paying £75 to get something removed that will make no difference to my rating anyway. they gave me 14 days, I paid inside the 14 days, they screwed up, simple :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well my CCJ has now been set aside, Went to court today and the judge set it aside so basically my theory worked (no interest in the case)

Not quite what the guy at Southern water told me!!!! He said it was just a cross over of dates and would get sorted! Even if it won't get sorted that way I'm not paying £75 to get something removed that will make no difference to my rating anyway. they gave me 14 days, I paid inside the 14 days, they screwed up, simple :)

You need to get the water company to set it aside as it was their mistake due to the crossed post.