Cancelled Car Insurance - Adrian Flux

timeoutgang
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys & Gals,

Paid £2500 to insure my sons car about 5 months ago, also had myself & my wife as named drivers.. They wanted a copy of all drivers licences. Could not find my wifes licence & called them, they told me no problem & to fill out the form with her name, address, DOB etc & pay £17.50 & they will request the info from the DVLA. I sent the info off & they took the £17.50 from my account. Been away since the New Year & arrived home this morning to find several letters from them. Most of them requesting my wifes licence again & if they did not receive within 7 days they were going to cancel. Obviously as we were not home we did not see these letters. The final letter states that the policy has been cancelled & a refund of £400 has been credited to my account.

Phoned them earlier today to tell them that we had been away, but they were having none of it & would not re-new the policy. They way I see it, I have paid over £2000 for 5 months of insurance!

Is there anything I can do?

Cheers,

Rich.

Phone their Head Office and ask to be put through to a general manager. Paul Twite is Operations Manager. Don't allow them to give you the brush off. They have messed this up and put you in a difficult position. If they agreed to check DVLA records after taking the fee of £17.50 then that is what they should have done and if they have debited the £17.50 then it is obvious this is what was agreed, even if they have lost record of having agreed to do this.

Adrian Flux

East Winch Hall

PE32 1HN - East Winch (King's Lynn)

Norfolk

Tel. 0800-783 1392

Fax. 0870-077 2938

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

This is a company I am staying well clear of and advised family and friends to do the same. The employee's of this company will fob you off, make sure you send any letters recorded, date and note who you speak to on the phone.

They messed up my sister's insurance cover, lost documents, requested sight of other documents they already had and took money from a 3rd party account without permission, they even instructed a debt collection agency to harass my sister before they had dealt with her complaint, class act. It took month's to resolve before a refund was received, no apology. I passed all the details over to the local MP, and local trading standards office.

Good luck with this company, you will need it.

• 2 years later...

Hi. I am now just starting the same hassle with them. I cant find a good email address to write to. I took out a policy for both my wife and I cars. I made payment for both to start them off. You have the 14 days cancel period. By day 7 I am sending emails saying not happy and clearly not wanting to proceed. I even had a long wait on hold on the telephone, to then get a staff member Kelly get as far as saying her name and burst into laughter so just cut me off. I was furious. I had to start the whole process again. I put this in writing and insisted a manager call me back, still waiting today!

We had to produce the proof of no claims discounts was the condition. When i got these from Direct Line I found that we had a claim in 2009 I forgot to tell them, thought it was 2008, outside of the 5 years you are meant to say. So when i sent the PNC certificate in on email I explained this needed to be added as I had forgotten. Instead of being understanding, they decided i was a criminal and told lies, so required now our Driving licences and cards to prove what ever, i am not sure. This was never requested before, but they said because I lied about the no claims it was required now. I didnt lie, and in fact told them myself, with an explanation. I found this very untrusting and rude.

I thought this was not the quality of company I wanted to deal with and after Direct Line who were at least always professional, i made the decision to cancel. I could never get a response from Adrian Flux so cancelled our monthly plans with Premium Credit, who very quickly replied saying cancelled both policy plans. We never did sign or accept these payment plans due to how quickly I cancelled, so they have nothing to claim from us.

However, Adrian flux then sent me an email for both policies saying that we have outstanding sums, in both cases well over £100, even though we had paid £70+ and £50+ to start with days before. They have no claim to these funds, so will never pay them, however I still see they are due to refund me the above sums.

They clearly are a very poor insurance broker and would strongly advise people to stay away from them. My feeling within days was they were going to be a problem, and if you had an accident you would want to know you are covered and safe, with these people I am not so sure.

Hope this helps others, could do with some advise myself.

Rob Nunn.

• 1 month later...

I'm really disappointed with Adrian Flux. I have a DR10 and also a criminal conviction (not fraud, theft or anything like that). Last year I had to really shop around for insurance as it was my first cover coming back from the ban that came with the DR10, got insurance through Premium Choice though and it was £750. The renewal with Premium Choice this year is £660 but I still decided to shop around as you do.

So among all the places I tried I filled in all my details with Adrian Flux having heard how good they're supposed to be at insuring various "difficult" to insure people/vehicles and waited for a quote, which arrived the next day - £543. Brilliant I thought. So I ring them up to go through the process with the intent to buy. First I had nearly 15mins on hold waiting, but then when I get through and give the guy the reference he says "so what do you want to do?". Strange. So I say "well your email said it was a provisional quote and it might be reduced by 'upto a further 20% for 70% of drivers' if I call....". So he starts to go through the details to see if there's anywhere they can shave a bit off the price. At this point I'd have been over the moon at the £543 quoted since it was £120 less than my current place. He's doing the questions and basically repeating back what I'd put on the form, right upto the point of the criminal conviction which he says "none". Huh?

So I correct him and explain the details, I know no crime is minor and this one was something out of stupidity and at a time I was drinking, being mouthy and booze don't mix in the laws eyes. Anyway he corrects that and re-runs the quotes. Comes back after a few minutes and tells me the price is now £753!! What?! £210 more?? I tell him what my renewal is and he puts me on hold to "go talk to a supervisor", comes back and says nope, that's the best they can do. I ask him why I was quoted £543 and he says that, for some reason the person who took the original details didn't include the criminal conviction when they'd prepared the quote.

Now, the worrying thing is, when I first rang he was quite ready to just take a payment from the sound on him, which would have obviously resulted in me being sold insurance that wouldn't have been valid :-/ I'm really pee'd at this and that a conviction which would have no impact on car insurance somehow justified increasing the premium by nearly 40%. The DR10 was the first and only driving conviction I've ever had in 26yrs of driving, during which I've had one insurance claim back in 1996 when my car was stolen (so not my fault) and the stupid criminal conviction, again the only one I've ever had in 43yrs of being alive, can somehow justify trying to rip over £200 more out of me.

It's little wonder that you see so many people with no insurance who have any sort of previous convictions, because the insurers either make it impossible or become a complete rip off.

• 1 month later...

Adrian Flux simply give you the cheapest quote then hit you for more information and payments. As it takes too long to get through, 30 minutes on hold is normal, you give up and cancel the policy. They then take the vast majority of the money you paid them. Taking legal action and advise everyone else to.

• 2 months later...
Hi Guys & Gals,

Paid £2500 to insure my sons car about 5 months ago, also had myself & my wife as named drivers.. They wanted a copy of all drivers licences. Could not find my wifes licence & called them, they told me no problem & to fill out the form with her name, address, DOB etc & pay £17.50 & they will request the info from the DVLA. I sent the info off & they took the £17.50 from my account. Been away since the New Year & arrived home this morning to find several letters from them. Most of them requesting my wifes licence again & if they did not receive within 7 days they were going to cancel. Obviously as we were not home we did not see these letters. The final letter states that the policy has been cancelled & a refund of £400 has been credited to my account.

Phoned them earlier today to tell them that we had been away, but they were having none of it & would not re-new the policy. They way I see it, I have paid over £2000 for 5 months of insurance!

Is there anything I can do?

Cheers,

Rich.

From my own experience, Adrian Flux will defend even the most untenable position than show any decency towards their clients. By their own admittance a clerical error left me in uninsured position. Their stance was such that the matter was taken to Financial Ombudsman Service.

• 4 months later...

heres another for Adrian flux

been with them for nearly three years rang them up to change my address and to tell them I will be moving on to a narrow boat in the spring but will be living at my parents until then I only have two months left on the policy they came back to me to tell me they cant insure me anymore as I live on a boat they cancelled the policy and told me they would have to start with a new company and would cost me 180 instead of 120

they have now left me with no insurance and a cancelled policy to go against me and I don't even live on the boat yet

terrible company

• 5 months later...

avoid these jokers they charged me £47.53 to cancel an insurance policy they never provided after a mistake was made over my occupation that was after paying up a £48 deposit.almost £100 charged for 2 days of insurance which i never got to use.thought there was a 7 day cool off period for distance selling,but that i believe only applies to companies that act within the law

STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOOLS WHO GIVE CHEAP QOUTES TO GET YOUR MONEY THEN RIP YOU OFF

avoid these jokers they charged me £47.53 to cancel an insurance policy they never provided after a mistake was made over my occupation that was after paying up a £48 deposit.almost £100 charged for 2 days of insurance which i never got to use.thought there was a 7 day cool off period for distance selling,but that i believe only applies to companies that act within the law

STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOOLS WHO GIVE CHEAP QOUTES TO GET YOUR MONEY THEN RIP YOU OFF

So make a complaint to their head office and threaten to involve the FOS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread